C02/Airlock bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me out a bit. I am making a Belgian White Ale (mini mash kit from Austin Homebrew). I started the fermentation on 11/17 (OG 1.046). I took a second reading 11/22 1.014 and the gravity reading has stayed the same today 12/3. I would have loved to have gotten the readings lower but I went on vacation so I'm not stressing. Question is there is a lot of action still in the airlock, and when I tried the samples from the readings there was a lot of carbonation. My readings the past 3 days have been consistent but I don't want a bottle bomb. Should I wait to bottle when the carbonation has slowed even though the gravity readings have been consistent?

Thanks!

Bubbles don't mean anything if the gravity readings have been consistent.

Temperature, pressure, bumping the vessel can all release pent up CO2 and cause the airlock to bubble-go ahead and package it up!

Bubbles don't mean anything.....

Do you think this one is done yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
1.014 is probably done, especially if it's been the same for a few days, but you're not hurting it at all by letting it sit another week or two. That may help ease your mind if the reading is still the same.

Latest posts

Back