Wolf Hop Picker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopfarmer

Reaction score
Here is the machine we used to harvest.I am putting some more videos up.Will also get some harvest pictures .

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look like it does a great job. There seemed to be as many hops coming out the waste side as there were falling down to the harvesting conveyor. And a lot left on the bine. Was I seeing that right? Do you have to "tune" the machine to get it to pick better? Just an observation, and am really curious. I don't know much about that machine. Still beats the heck out of doing it by hand :)

Cheers!
Jesse

It doesn't look like it does a great job. There seemed to be as many hops coming out the waste side as there were falling down to the harvesting conveyor. And a lot left on the bine. Was I seeing that right? Do you have to "tune" the machine to get it to pick better? Just an observation, and am really curious. I don't know much about that machine. Still beats the heck out of doing it by hand :)

Cheers!
Jesse
That was with some smaller bines.Yes u do have to do a little adjusting.A lot of what u see there is leaf material.The ground side of the smaller bines do hold some cones.As they say practice makes perfect.Did u look at the home built one Cheers Glen

That thing looks like it belongs in the Cat In The Hat!

What are the methods it uses to separate hops and stems?

And how much do they cost new and used?

Thanks,
Brad

It uses picking fingers ,dribble belts and suction similar to the Dauenhauer machines. Used 30 to 50 k new around 200k

Back