Back in gear again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkenjaeger

Reaction score
I hadn't brewed in a few months due to several factors including moving to a new place, fixing car problems, and a seriously mooching roommate whose contributions to my brewing (both $$ and simple assistance) completely ceased at the same time that his consumption of my beer skyrocketed.

But now the move has dramatically improved my situation - a back deck to brew on, an adjacent room with room for brewing gear, and an outdoor hose, among other things.

I finally got around to brewing a batch over the weekend, and I gotta say, it's good to be back. Thanks in large part to the aforementioned improvements to my situation, the brewing process went very smoothly - definitely the most painless AG batch I've brewed to date. Now that I've tested the waters with a 5g batch, I can't wait to start churning out 10g batches and getting my fermenters and kegs filled back up. Good timing, as my membership here just came up for renewal too.

Anyway, I guess I don't have a point, other than to say it's good to be back!
Prost! :mug:

I know where you're coming from on the mooching roommates, it happened to me a few years ago and I had to cut them loose. They weren't too happy at the time, but I knew if they were a true friend they would eventually see it was for their own good. Now, it's like nothing ever happened and I think they learned how to take care of themselves better.

Back