Any Kegerator Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanS

Reaction score
I just got a kegging system for Christmas and I love it. however I am keeping it in my basement to keep it chilled and I can't do that in the summer obviously. Just wondering if anyone on here knows what the best deal for a homebrew kegerator would be. I want it to be able to hold 2 corny kegs, although I only have one now. and I dont want to spend too much money, however I don't want the cheapest thing out there. And lastly it needs to be a mini fridge size one, I dont have the room for a full refrigerator as of now. Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

I just got a Sanyo 4912M and it will fit 2 kegs. There is a lot of info on converting them to kegerators.

You might also consider a small freezer if you have the room.

sanyo 4910 here.... just an older version of the 4912, but it came with metal grate shelves instead of glass.

A 5 cubic foot chest freezer is cheaper than a new fridge and works just as well.

Or you can go with a 7 cu ft.:
IMG_0911.jpg

RICLARK said:
:off: Do you have to build a collar for a chest freezer? or is it just for the taps?

It's not necessary for a tower faucet, but for door shank faucets, you kind of need one since you don't want to drill through the side of the freezer where the cooling lines are.

Professor Frink said:
It's not necessary for a tower faucet, but for door shank faucets, you kind of need one since you don't want to drill through the side of the freezer where the cooling lines are.

Alright Thanks just didn't know if the Kegs were too tall Because of how many Collars ive seen, Found some sweet deals on ebay for chest freezers which would eliminate me having to Disect my Mini Fridge.

You could put a tower through the top of a chest freezer... but most people end up with 4-6 faucets which would be a large expense using towers. With a collar you're talkin a little wood, shanks, and faucets.

I am doing two towers and a beer engine in my chest freezer. It was easy enough. 170 for the freezer, 40 for the digital thermostat and I was on a roll.

Spend the extra few bucks (I got this one on sale brand-new at Best-Buy for $199.00 last January) and build one that will hold at least 4 kegs. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. This one actually holds 6 kegs - 4 on tap (including a dedicated N2 dispensed Stout Faucet) and 2 in reserve that are fully carbonated and ready to replace an empty keg. I'm very glad I went with a larger kegerator.

IMGP0029.jpg

- GL63

It seems that the small fridge of choice would be the 4912.
Question. Anyone in Canada know of where to purchase one ?

I see them listed on the Costco and Bestbuy websites, but only the US sites.

The Canadian sites do not show them. Costco in Canada only seems to sell a Danby unit that is smaller than the 4912.

Any retailers of the 4912 up here in the great white north ?

Back