Hi from Allentown,PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentonre

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to all. I got hooked on homebrewing several years ago with a hombrew "beersack" as a gift from my aunt. Now I have done many batches of extract beer, wine kits and soda. I have my first batch of wine from grapes going and am putting together my all grain setup for next spring. I bumped into this forum tonight from a Google search for a DIY grain mill.

Hi all, thanks for the welcome. Yes Keystone is probably my favorite LHBS (having the Beth Brew Works right there is always nice for a good meal and microbrew!). I also use The Brew Lab on occasion as it is more convienient. Online ordering also has it's place too.

Brewt00l, I see you have a Vanilla Bourbon oat in the secondary, I'd be interested how it comes out. I tried a vanilla bourbon ale once but I didn't get it right.

Brewt00l, I see you have a Vanilla Bourbon oat in the secondary, I'd be interested how it comes out. I tried a vanilla bourbon ale once but I didn't get it right.

It's actually in bottles and mighty good so far. I was pretty conservative on the bourbon addition at bottling and it seems to be what I was looking for (in the flavor profile but not dominating the roasty stout flavors or the vanilla).

I wrote the below reply to a post and figured it would also serve as a good addition to my introduction...

One beer kit (Beersack) a couple years ago as a birthday present .... and I am now into both beer and wine making (my first batch of wine from grapes (not from a kit) is in progress).
My arsenal includes: A 3 tap kegerator with Beer/Wine/Soda on tap. 9 cornies, 10 + cases of wine bottles, Jockey box with paintball CO2 setup, growing hops...

So for next spring - Got the turkey fryer, 15.5 Sanke keg for kettle, cooler mash tun just about done and working on the HLT. Now thinking about a grain mill.... This has to be one of the most expensive "cheap" hobbies there is!

Back