Portland Brew Bus any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewme

Reaction score
I am headed for Portland to visit some of my wife's family in the next week or so and I wanted to know if anyone has done the Portland Brew Bus Tour. They take you to 3-4 breweries and you get a tour at each one. Looks fun. Let me know if you have gone or if you have a better idea!

Which breweries are supposed to be on the stops? I've been on the Widmer tour and eaten at the Bridgeport brewery.

Protip; Don't try to shove handfuls of pellet hops into your pockets when you think the tour guide isn't looking. He's looking.

Widmer is an option. I think it varies depending on arrangements with the breweries. They have a whole list on their website. I requested Lucky Labrador to be one of them.

I think it's a great idea for a visitor. If I was hitting 4 breweries in a day, I wouldn't be driving. I've visited about 80% of the brewpubs in Portland and toured a half dozen breweries, ranging from Hair of the Dog to Widmer. Some of them look like a slightly scaled homebrew rig. Widmer has 1000 barrel fermentors.

Back