Problems with Beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Hey all...Ive a question for you guys...I have the trial version of Beersmith and im on my 20 of 21 days. I have listed numerous recipes in my trial version, and while I was completing a recipe today I noticed that after I went back to look over the recipe, the ingredient window was completely blank, and not on just the recipe I was working on, all of them...including the sample recipes that came with the trial version...I was planning on purchasing the full app tomorow, but im not sure that im going to if this isnt the default mode that the trial version goes to when the 21day expires...I can pull up the entire list of grains/hops/yeasts etc and I can click on the individual ingredients but nothing is showing in the window...If I do click on an ingredient, it will put it in the recipe and make calculations to the recipe (i.e. 1# Cara-pils and it OG/FG etc will calculate out...I have a thread started at the Beersmith Forum and an individual email to the Beersmith site but so far no response...I love the program but im not taking any chances if im not informed that this is a trial version default...Ill go with Promash or something else...I would love some input...Thanks

it is the Trial version default, hence "trial version". I use and love BeerSmith and have pages of recipes...

Thanks Profarm...I just about lost my melon...lol...I put in all of the BYO 150 clones plus just about every recipe ive brewed...I was going to seek psychiatric care...Its like the nightmare of writing your Masters Thesus and your PC getting stolen...lol

It's a known issue. When you click on a recipe once you can see all the ingredients in the preview window but when you double click to open it the ingredient window is blank correct?

First, click on a recipe once, then go to File and Export As and save it (it will save all your recipes in 1 file). Uninstall BeerSmith, then install it into a local directory. Vista would be your account folder. XP would be My Documents. That should fix it.

I think the 21 day trial version is complete, but without the ability to save recipes. I have no problems with saving and exporting any and all of my recipes, and I've been using it for about three years.

I actually recieved an Email from Brad at Beersmith...I needed to delete a corrupt newopts14 file...It all worked fine after that...Im def buyong this program...Thanks guys and Thanks Beersmith

Back