Do You Still Purchase Commercial Beer ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each Friday, my wife & I hit the Pub for 2-3 great craft beers or sours. That's almost entirely my commercial beer consumption. I drink my Homebrew pretty much exclusively. Went in the beer cooler at the grocery store this week & almost passed out when I saw how expensive craft beer has gotten!

Absolutely I do and I will. I'm odd because I don't buy basic miller lite bud etc. I go to unique stores and get micros and love them.

I do but not near as often as I used too. I think I've bought keystone light 2 times since the year turned and that was mainly because I had guests coming over that don't like home brews.

I now only drink Grolsch so as to build my bottle collection. My brews are all aging now so, if they are good I'm going to probably just buy an occasional chocolate stout bomber as a treat

If i'm out I will or sometime on the weekends ill pick a 22oz but craft beer is outrageous in price these days- I'm sorry but I'd rather have a nice entree at a sweet restaurant that take a chance on your $20 'extreme' overhopped 750.

I buy about 5% of the beer I used to and still seem to spend about the same. Slight exaggeration, but since I never buy 'drinking' beer any more, it's easier to spend the money on the stuff I really want like FV-13 for dang $17 for a 375ml bottle.

Of course I do. Especially with build your own six packs. There's some great beer out there.

And research too. Do I really want to spend the time and money to make a gallon or five or so and so style? Lemme go buy a few bottles and see.

I do, but I have cut way back. Mostly as other's have stated, for research/enrichment into style that I am exploring. Around 3/4 of my beer making revolves around session beers.

I buy a selection when I run out of commercial stuff. But I don't ever have more than this in my fridge. I've got some Belgians and sours aging in my basement but mostly homebrew for me. Usually have a growler of something local. There may be a 4er in the regular fridge from time to time. Usually pull my beer off the kegerator, and I don't have room in my pipeline for commercial kegs.

fridge-2.jpg

For the record those angry orchards were left in my fridge by some random. They drank a few then I let them try my cider, the rest of their orchard stayed with me.. yuck

I do for research like others have said. I don't want to brew something that I have never had. So maybe once a month I buy a six pack or a few 22s. I've got a few great bottle shops to choose from plus my local grocer has an ok selection of craft stuff in addition to the BMC stuff.

Still buying the pick sixers for "research" and to support my neighborhood liquor store. Want to get to the point to where I don't have to buy any except for the case I buy when a couple of friends and I get together on Wednesday evenings.

I buy it by the pint at the local taphouse, but honestly I haven't bought a sixer or a bomber in months...even my taphouse trips are infrequent to rare.

Sure I do....my R&D department demands a steady supply of samples for cloning and style comparisons.

This one of the benefits of being a one-man operation.

I run 4 taps at the house, but I pick up at least 3 bombers (750ml) a week. my beer is excellent, but there is always something I want to try. its nice to have a mad assortment of styles from different parts of the world. its never enough! and there's always the one you haven't had yet.

krenshaw said:
digging on the troegs you have in there.. jealous you still have mad elf left :rockin:

2 mad elfs and 5 nugget nectar now there is 5
Sucks beside the nectar so the top row is nice to open up to lol might have to have a
Mad elf some time soon

I don't but my wife will occasionally come home with a half dozen Molson Canadian on the last day of three consecutive 12 hour shifts. She's especially prone to do this when she's knows there is no homebrew blonde ale in the house.

I always buy a 4 pack of grolsch when I go to the cabin. Tastes fine in the summer and I'm slowly replacing most of my pry offs.

Back