SN centennial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
*OH HELL!! celebration, not centennial. Don't know where my brain was.*

Let me introduce myself, despite my haitus from hoppy beers (my 3 kegs have a "miller lite", a lightly hopped holiday amber, and a lightly hopped stout) I still taste NO bitterness from SNPA due to my Heavy Hop Habit of the last few years.

I thought there was some mistake last night.
I was sipping Sierra's Centennial when..... I honestly thought someone had slipped me a Ruination.....NO JOKE.

"I can taste hops again!!!", I thought.

DAMN this thing is bitter! I thought it was a christmas ale, lol. Well, with my NO BITTERNESS program currently in progress I will have to skip that one. For the $, HOW DOES SN GET SO MUCH HOPS???

FINE hoppy beer for anyone who cares, and I was never a fan of SNPA, so that is saying a lot.

...NO bitterness from SNPA...
...I was sipping Sierra's Centennial when...
...I thought it was a christmas ale...
...HOW DOES SNPA GET SO MUCH HOPS...
...never a fan of SNPA, so that is saying a lot.

:confused: Are you talking about multiple beers here? Was it a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale?

SN centennial is the beer being sipped and critiqued. Their Pale Ale is offered for comparison.

I did say "SNPA" in reference to the brewery, which should just be "SN".

If SN is Sierra Nevada, I didn't know they made a beer with that name. I looked before I posted, but couldn't find any info on it. I'd love to try it if I can find it.

DOH! Must ahve had too many. The hops went to my head. I could have sworn it said centennial. Sorry.

Celebration

http://www.sierranevada.com/index2.html

LOL, I figured that must have been what you meant. It's certainly a tasty beer, but I didn't think it was quite as aggresive this year with the Fresh Hops. Could just be my palatte though.:mug:

Damn Yankee!......(wait a minute...)

Not as aggressive?

It blows their torpedo out of the water doesn't it?

I found it HOPPY. Maybe I am just seeing some benefit from my hop fasting.

I am a fan of the Celebration thanks to the people here raving about it. I got a 6er from kroger the other day for about 7.99 and then the following week was able to buy 5 singles for $1 because someone stole a single from a six pack so they sold all the rest for a $1 each.

Damn Yankee!......(wait a minute...)

Not as aggressive?

It blows their torpedo out of the water doesn't it?

I found it HOPPY. Maybe I am just seeing some benefit from my hop fasting.

Actually I think Torpedo is quite a bit hoppier, Not that Celebration isn't hoppy. I suppose it is just smoother this time with the fresh hops in it. Last year it seemed to have more bite to it. But again, it's probably just me. I should follow your lead and go on a Hop hiatus for a bit and then come back to Hoppy beers. I do tend to get stuck on the over the top beers and lose appreciation.

Back