Sometimes Simple Is Good! Good Amber Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyK68

Reaction score
I made a pretty simple recipe with some DME and grain that I had bought for another recipe and changed my mind. So I had this stuff here and decided to just do a brew on Wed night. Here is what I did.

6lbs of Muntons Plain Light DME
1 lb of Muntons Plain Amber DME
.5 lbs of Crystal 60L
4oz of Malto Dextrin added at boil
1oz of Saaz (60)
.5Williamette (30)
1oz Hallertaue (5)

Steeped the grains @ 160 for 30 mins in 2 Gallons of bottled spring water (all I use)
Brought the 2 gallons to a boil. Removed from heat and added all the DME & Malto Dextrin. Brought back to boil and hopped like stated.

Rehydrated 1 pack of US-56 and pitched at a bit cool 68*

Just racked it tonight into the secondary it already is flat out AWESOME!, and I can only think its going to get better. I will leave it for 2 weeks in the secondary and bottle.

OG- 1.064
FG- 1.016
ABV- 6.2
SRM-9
IBU-24

I highly recommend anyone to try this, its really good.

I've been shut down until I get the brew shack up. I'd be working on it except for the freezing rain. I've been tempted to dig out my 2 20qt pots and do a split batch on the stove, maybe I'll try this one.

Reminded me alot of Sam Adams, but I dont have the confidence yet to call it a clone by no means its still way too young. I only drank the test cylinder full.....LOL

I may just have to make this my next batch. Tonight I'm racking my nut brown to secondary (it has similiar ingredients) and can't wait to sample some.

Hmm, looks like another trip the the lhbs is in order...and my wife is gonna kill me. j/k

Hey JohhnyK68,

Brewed this up 1/30, kegged & started force carb 3/14, tasted a sample today. This is going to be a nice drinking beer - not much on the head, but certainly tasty. Needs a bit more carbing time as well.

7674-Brew-Me.jpg

Thanks for posting the recipe!

Back