What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392839333.229263.jpg
Man do I deserve a few of these! What a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Water with some kinda grape flavoring. Saving my last two Wernesgruner Pils & a bit of vodka for Friday night. Unless I can get them boys to shovel the driveway. It started melting in the extreme 44F heatwave today,but still kind deep for my lowered tuner.

Tommyknocker Brewery Hop Strike Black IPA.

DSC_0697-XL.jpg

Man, this beer is WAY overcarbonated. In the picture, this was a slow pour into a room temperature glass. The beer temp was 50F. I nearly gagged when I took my first swig. Not because of the taste, but because the carbonation made it difficult to swallow.

It has a very medicinal smell to it. It is dryer than I prefer, but I like the roasted quality, though it is not nearly hopped enough to be called an IPA in my opinion... Though I wonder if the carbonation is covering up the bitterness for me?

All in all, I'm very disappointed in this beer. Anybody else try this and have a similar experience?

Looks just like an infected beer poured into a glass. Head looks like soap suds that won't go away. I know from experience I had with one of my IPAs a couple years ago

My simcoe'd black ale. Smacked. Going down like water.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392850436.711701.jpg

Listening to Rockell. Don't judge.

Attachments

• rockell.jpg
    rockell.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 77
I got mine in a trade, but once you get your SCoBY going, you won't have enough jars to hold them. some folks have had great luck growing one from GT's Origional Kombucha.

find some commercial examples. GT's is probably the most popular & easiest to find.

Ok, where would I even try to find commercial versions? Hippy food stores?

All you need is some GT or HIgh country( get plain) to make a small starter for a month or so in some tea and sugar. Dump the first batch after about a month and when you get a good thin or solid size scoby,then make a bigger batch and in a few weeks or month should be good to go, its good to keep it above 70 degrees minimum also,it will go fast around 80 F. Keep it away from beer making though. I was making it for a year or two but just got tired of the chore every few weeks. I was going to make it last summer but got too lazy. That and its best to make it (ideal) in the summer or a warm spot or temp control. You may want some ph papers also to avoid making vinegar or you can go by taste using a straw to pull some out to check on tartness/sweetness. This is pretty basic as there is more to it but it is really pretty basic. I liked to use 16 oz bottles and adding a few tsp of blueberries or some other fruit to carbonate it, but you have to check on them within a week and depending how much you use you want to get them in the fridge too, there is not much control over carbonation really. I usually checked on one after 3-5 days and went from there to decide when to refrigerate the rest of them.
All this said whilst having a ye old HOPSLAM

He does have the best friggin pictures!!!

About to crack my first ever Old Chub and tear into a salmon burger.
I do??? Thanks.
More IPA while I boil some dme (my last, I forgot to pick some up when I pick up grain, damn you!) for a conan starter. Another batch of IPA this weekend!

Had Abner, George, Society and Solitude #6, and Excursions #1 at Hill Farmstead earlier. Them hit up the Farmhouse Tap and Grill and have had:

2012 Hill Farmstead Birth of TragedyImageUploadedByHome Brew1392852592.219050.jpg

Hill Farmstead/Mikkeller/Siren Limoncello IPAImageUploadedByHome Brew1392852728.983915.jpg

To øl Fu*k Art, Let's DanceImageUploadedByHome Brew1392852641.127652.jpg

Now This:ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392852662.508208.jpg

F$%^ this I tried mitli quote and now they wont go away! WTF how do I get rid of them without going back and deleting letter by letter???
Another IPA.

edit:This time there're not there??

IMG_1842.jpg

A sample of my St. Party's Day Stout!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392854224.494727.jpg

That blows, I know I don't check my spam box often enough.

From the email I received from the AHA, I got the impression there were another ~230 or so who didn't pay up in time and got their entry revoked. 3557 entrants, "around" 3200 in the comp itself, and 124 who weren't selected, leaves 233 remaining. I was never selected in the first place. Been checking my spam folder since the day emails started going out.

Marris otter and munich, first wort hopped with nugget and cascade, whirl pooled with nugget and cascade... Next time i am going to up the hops a lot.... I think conan needs the bitterness cause this is a bit sweet but its good

Fancy. I added 1oz of warrior at 60 and 1 oz of Columbus at 10. Done. So good.

Latest posts

Back