Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comer88888

Reaction score
I bought wyeast 4632 activator its a dry mead yesterday. I made my batch of mead and waited 5 hours and the pack didn't swell. So I had some other yeast I just rehydrated it and put it in. I was just going to return the wyeast the next day. Well when I got home from the bar last night the package was swelling. I am thinking It must have been in the cooler at the store for so long that it took way more time then usaul to warm up and the yeast to get active. So I put it in the fridge. My mead hasn't started fermenting yet and I was wondering if I can just leave it in the activator pack swelled in the fridge just in case the yeast doesn't work or should I put it in a yeast flask?

p.s sorry for the novel

comer88888 said:
I bought wyeast 4632 activator its a dry mead yesterday. I made my batch of mead and waited 5 hours and the pack didn't swell. So I had some other yeast I just rehydrated it and put it in. I was just going to return the wyeast the next day. Well when I got home from the bar last night the package was swelling. I am thinking It must have been in the cooler at the store for so long that it took way more time then usaul to warm up and the yeast to get active. So I put it in the fridge. My mead hasn't started fermenting yet and I was wondering if I can just leave it in the activator pack swelled in the fridge just in case the yeast doesn't work or should I put it in a yeast flask?

p.s sorry for the novel

I would move it to a sterile jar...while it should be ok for a few days in the smack pack, the package is now under a great deal of pressure and will eventually leak.

Back