Warning signs of homebrew addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you seriously attempt to convince your wife to name your newborn son "Porter" because it's one of your favorite styles.

She didn't like the name, but my sister-in-law loved it, so there's still hope.

another sign...simply brewing on the weekends isn't enough, and so you waste all your time thinking about how you can start your own commercial nanobrewery with 1/4 of the capital required!

You adjust the thermostat not to be comfortable (or keep the SWMBO) comfortable but because you want to keep your ferm at the ideal ambient temps...

You struggle internally over whether to pay this months phone bill or spend the money on grains... (alas, in the interest of not getting beheaded by SWMBO my run to the LHBS will have to wait a few weeks)

You struggle internally over whether to pay this months phone bill or spend the money on grains... (alas, in the interest of not getting beheaded by SWMBO my run to the LHBS will have to wait a few weeks)

I know the phone is off hun but, Relax Don't Worry Have a- OUCH! Hey- stop hitting me!

unionrdr said:
@ beezy-Nah,you're body is just dumping keytones (fatty acids). A good thing on protein diets,anyway.

I am sure I dropped 10 pounds this week. Haven't worked this hard in ages. Going to have to get some milk stout to put it back on.

You take your starter with you camping so that you can continue to step it up and brew the day you get back.

When you're getting tired of using whatever boxes are available to store your empty/filled bottles in. When you crave some nice,neat new case boxes to make that pile of bottles look neater.

You see a store called "Specialty Gowns" and think how it would be infinitely cooler if it was called "Specialty Grains".

When you start looking for special grains,spices,herbs,etc to try brewing ancient ales like Sam...while drinking an English pale ale out of a American cheapy store pilsner glass.

When you come to realize "spring cleaning" means making room for more brewing stuff in the computer room to turn it into a make shift man cave.

When you finally decide to clean the backyard, just so you can build a shed dedicated to brewing and brewing related items only. (I can't wait for it)

When your boss tells you to cascade some information to your team and you start thinking of a new Pale Ale recipe.

When you get up Sunday morning and test the carbination on a batch 3 weeks in the bottle and decide it is soo good you should try another.

When you start filtering your PBW & star-san solutions to make sure pet dander,etc isn't lingering in there for next time.

Moonpile said:
When you seriously attempt to convince your wife to name your newborn son "Porter" because it's one of your favorite styles.

...or naming your future daughter Amber or Abbey....

Probably better pet names?TWITA-thats what im talking about.(did i just make that up?)

You think IPA for a boy and BPA for a girl would be good?
I just got the best idea for anyone whose last name starts with "A" - make your kids initials "I.P." and "B.P." - then you have IPA and BPA. I think we might be straying off topic a bit with all the name stuff, but if you're thinking of beer related names, I guess that is a sign.........

When you totally lose the ability to make a proper conjugation. You're = you are. They're = they are. When you post pictures of you are full carboys on facebook like they are you are children. For the record, the apostrophe shows possession. Example: Bob's beer = possessive tense.

failha.jpg

Back