What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Conan warrior

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390583536.777098.jpg

for those of you that were talking about Banh Mi:

Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat Asian Sausage Banh Mi Sandwich
Ingredients
3lbs ground sausage
1 cup of brown sugar,
¼ cup of hoisin sauce
¾ cup of Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat
2 TBSP pressed garlic
2 cups shredded carrots,
2 cups cucumbers
½ cup diced jalapenos (leave in seeds for extra heat)
2 TBSP lemon Juice or 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
1 tsp of cayenne

Sausage Filling: In a large pan place sausage, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat, and garlic. Brown mixture and set aside.
Slaw Topping: In a large bowl toss carrots, cucumbers and jalapenos. Cover mixture with lemon Juice and cayenne. Toss again.
Put meat on sliced French baguette or hoagie-type bun, top with slaw and enjoy. Don't forget to pour yourself a beer to go with it.

Can I get a Gandhi-Bot Banh Mi to go?

It's only 9 degrees right now.

Spending the next hour hauling more wood inside the house.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390585456.770019.jpg

Is that your "back workout"?

I'm working from home today so beers start flowing at 1pm. :)

This is my post-back workout which consisted of weighted pull-ups and deadlifts.

I'm on beer the rest of the day. It's all downhill from here!

Have a beer now, whydontya?

Sitting deep in the woods out back in my usual spot (huge rock).

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390589197.692812.jpg

Water with a little LYTE show. It's not super tasty, but it's super beneficial if I'm thinking of a night of thought-forgetting drinking. :)

Do you not like fish tacos?!

I know, the name of the place is a little odd but the food is great!

I've been to San Diego where people are crazy about fish tacos. I hate fish. The only one I eat is canned tuna for the protein content. It hurts to get it down. I hate the flavor.

Give me smoked short ribs or pork shoulder all day.

I've been to San Diego where people are crazy about fish tacos. I hate fish. The only one I eat is canned tuna for the protein content. It hurts to get it down. I hate the flavor.

Give me smoked short ribs or pork shoulder all day.

Man, you are missing out. My lady is the same way though, she cannot eat any fish or seafood of any kind. Its too "fishy" for her. I wonder why :confused:

Man, you are missing out. My lady is the same way though, she cannot eat any fish or seafood of any kind. Its too "fishy" for her. I wonder why :confused:

Maybe it's because people in Kansas aren't used to eating good seafood? hahahaha

I grew up near the ocean and I absolutely hate seafood. The only things I can eat are canned tuna, Manhattan clam chowder and fried shrimp (if it doesn't taste very fishy - needs to taste like chicken).

About to smack another beer before I eat some PHO!

Maybe it's because people in Kansas aren't used to eating good seafood? hahahaha

I grew up near the ocean and I absolutely hate seafood. The only things I can eat are canned tuna, Manhattan clam chowder and fried shrimp (if it doesn't taste very fishy - needs to taste like chicken).

About to smack another beer before I eat some PHO!

That very well could be why haha Shes been all over though and her parents made her try it fresh, never enjoyed it. I keep trying but I dont think I will break her of that anytime soon, if ever

Having a graf (maybe my last one? Hopefully).

Dropped in on the contractors at the new place earlier. Some good progress but my quite as much as I was led to believe over the phone on weds. Should still be done by our 2/1 move date.

Having another Conan/Warrior pale ale home brew.

Warming up after freezing my ass off in the woods drinking that last beer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390592145.189452.jpg

Too lazy for pictures tonight. Terrapin Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout. I believe this is from AllenH. Good beer.

That is Wake-n-Bake. Due to our prudish labeling laws, they had to label it as W-n-B. it's my favorite beer from Terrapin.

That is Wake-n-Bake. Due to our prudish labeling laws, they had to label it as W-n-B. it's my favorite beer from Terrapin.

NEBCO had a similar issue with its imperial stout trooper (more so with the image on the label) and Clown Shoes did, too. Clown Shoes' beer had an image of some guy stabbing a lawyer and the text on the bottle said something to the effect of making this beer and changing the name due to a lawsuit. I'll have to find it but I had the bottle in my hand at the local beer store. Just forgot what it's called.

Back