Rebuilding beer meister

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howler

Reaction score
Ok, so my dad had his old (~25 years?) Beer Meister keggerator that he didn't use anymore. Shortly after saying he didn't use it, it magically appeared in my garage :mug:. It even looks like I can fit 3 Cornys in there!
IMG_2093-1.jpg

It has had kinda a rough life, and I am trying to bring it back to it's former glory.

I'm looking for some suggestions on what I can do. The outside is pretty basic; I'm going to sand everything and spray paint it.
The tower and handle and everything I'm going to try my best with some cleaner/polisher to get it all nice looking. Otherwise, I'll have to source a new handle.
I haven't decided what to do with the tower, if I put 3 kegs in there, I'll obviously want more taps. Easiest to just buy a 3 tap tower?

Is the faucet still all right after all this time? Or do I need to get a new one?

The inside looks pretty bad:
IMG_2118-1.jpg

Is there anything I can do (besides a good scrubbing). I don't think the sides will come out very easily (as the CO2 tank holder is riveted in). I was thinking about just getting the sides looking the best they can with scrubbing, and scraping/painting the bottom. Using some sort of enamel paint for the metal grill on the bottom.

I plugged it in for a few minutes, and it started to get cold. Do I need to do anything to maintain the compressor?
IMG_2112-1.jpg

Can I get the magnetic seal for the door at Home Depot, or do I need to get something special?

Any suggestions on what else I should do? I'm open to any/all suggestions.

I have a similar issue, inherited one from my dad, cleaned it up, added a 3 tap tower, ran great and the starter/relay went. Called Beer Meister and they were little help. I can't get a appliance guy to come, they will not work on a kegerator (although i said it's just a little fridge). I need to get the part # to replace it and am at a loss any assistance is appreciated

Johnny B

Back