Too late ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAS98M

Reaction score
I was wondering-Would it be too late to start an Octoberfest ? Afterall "it is a beer" Kinda thinking as how my B-day is in November I'd call it "Novemberfest" or "Daddy's birthday batch" . I'm heading to the HBS Saturday.

No, it's far too late for an Oktoberfest. Give up any notion in that regard. What are you thinking????

Brew a stout and forget all those radical non-conformist thoughts. I mean, really. If it was intended to be brewed in November, it would be called.... well, I don't know what it would be called but not Oktoberfest.

Geez.

Brew whatever the flip you want, call it whatever the flip you want, and drink it whenever the flip you want. Welcome to the glory of homebrewing! :D

TL

TexLaw said:
Brew whatever the flip you want, call it whatever the flip you want, and drink it whenever the flip you want. Welcome to the glory of homebrewing!

Another radical! You probably drink red wine with fish or white wine with steak and think nothing of it because you prefer one over the other. Stouts on the beach and pale ales around the Christmas tree. Pretty soon everyone will be doing what they want and THEN where will we be?

Ah, I'm kidding of course. I've never followed the beaten path unless I was already going that way. To be honest, I do try things the way they're 'supposed' to be, but if I don't like it, I discard it. Go ahead and make the Oktoberfest and drink it in February if that's what you want. One thing I should interject though. I never drink rum and eggnog unless it's getting close to Christmas. As a result, just the taste of that drink brings festive feelings along with it. I suspect the Oktoberfest was a celebration of the harvest so it would have brought fond feelings of fall and the end of the summer's hard work. Just a thought.

Fingers said:
Another radical! You probably drink red wine with fish or white wine with steak and think nothing of it because you prefer one over the other. Stouts on the beach and pale ales around the Christmas tree. Pretty soon everyone will be doing what they want and THEN where will we be?

Ah, I'm kidding of course. I've never followed the beaten path unless I was already going that way. To be honest, I do try things the way they're 'supposed' to be, but if I don't like it, I discard it. Go ahead and make the Oktoberfest and drink it in February if that's what you want. One thing I should interject though. I never drink rum and eggnog unless it's getting close to Christmas. As a result, just the taste of that drink brings festive feelings along with it. I suspect the Oktoberfest was a celebration of the harvest so it would have brought fond feelings of fall and the end of the summer's hard work. Just a thought.

:rockin: Absolutely. You can run a negative through my statement, and you get the same thing:

Don't brew what you don't want o brew, don't call what you brew what you don't want to call it, and don't drink what you don't want to drink. Of course, you can qualify with "except when you want to.":mug: :D

TL

Fingers said:
...I suspect the Oktoberfest was a celebration of the harvest so it would have brought fond feelings of fall and the end of the summer's hard work. Just a thought...
Wrongo, bro! It's a Wedding Reception. It was actually in Oktober, but changed to start in Sept because of the change in weather. :mug: Been there more than a dozen times...

Latest posts

Back