Funky foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickettj

Reaction score
My beer that is due to rack out to my keg tomorrow has developed an odd ring of something around the top of the liquid. Please tell me this is normal...

image-3638775988.jpg

lazarus0530 said:
Looks like yeasties. Could be nothing. Could be infection . Won't know til ya taste it.

That's what I was afraid of. It's 3 weeks old so I'm hoping it's just the yeast in its last throes. Ill find out tomorrow! First keg day!

Pickettj said:
That's what I was afraid of. It's 3 weeks old so I'm hoping it's just the yeast in its last throes. Ill find out tomorrow! First keg day!

I think it's just yeasties.

It's yeast rafts, the top of our beers is RARELY free of stuff. Yeast gets carried from the bottom by rising currents of co2 and floats on the surface, it's PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Revvy said:
It's yeast rafts, the top of our beers is RARELY free of stuff. Yeast gets carried from the bottom by rising currents of co2 and floats on the surface, it's PERFECTLY NORMAL.

Thanks guys. I tasted it this morning and its pretty good. Little bitter compared to what I expected, but good.

Pickettj said:
Thanks guys. I tasted it this morning and its pretty good. Little bitter compared to what I expected, but good.

This is what a real infection looks like I believe

image-1395826423.jpg

Back