The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Revvy is right, we have an abusive relationship with this show. Its like the woman who doesnt call you for weeks and shows up wearing only a trenchcoat just as you are about to hit send on the breakup email.

I prefer to break up the old fashioned way and leave a voice-mail.

idk, they all thought Rick was dead and Shane saved his wife and kid from the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! You have to cut him some slack.

Also, Rick was a sheriff. It's quite natural that they would look to him as a natural leader. You call him indecisive, I recall many an occasion where Rick made the plan and Rick volunteered to put himself in danger to save others. I do agree that sometimes Shane had the right idea about things but I also think that if he hadn't been such a dick and had just worked with Rick, things could have been a lot better.

..and may I add...Andrea? really? A better leader than Rick? She is a twit who just learned to fire a gun like a week ago and contributed nothing to the group and then wants to walk around like she owns the place because she shot a few zombies...You know who stepped in when zombie Sophia walked out of the barn? Rick...Who stepped in when Dale was dying? Rick and Daryl.

have been a lot better.

..and may I add...Andrea? really? A better leader than Rick? She is a twit who just learned to fire a gun like a week ago and contributed nothing to the group and then wants to walk around like she owns the place because she shot a few zombies...

Yeah but they way she struts around does something to my "special place." :)

Andrea-the-walking-dead-16919147-840-600.jpg

Since she learned to shoot there's something hotter about her, more self assured. I used to hate her. Now I wanna drag her to the back of the RV and "spank" her.

I didn't say she should be the leader. I said that based on the personality she portrays, it is not believeable to me that she would follow Rick as her leader. He's far to wishy-washy for me. I would have left that group to go off on my own a long time ago, on in the least, I'd be like Daryl and reap all the benefits of being a part of the group without getting involved much else.

Okay, let me just catch up with everybody quickly:

I love this show. I'm glad Shane is dead. Rick is the obvious leader. Shane turned into a zombie because that's just how this works in this series. Every zombie-lore has a slight twist. Even George Romero changed the rules throughout his zombie series of movies. So shut it, that's how they're doing it. :D

And there is one more episode left this season. The best thing ever is to go to Wikipedia and type in "List of [insert show title] episodes" and BOOM, you have episodes, links to description pages, TV ratings, and dates released.

I didn't say she should be the leader. I said that based on the personality she portrays, it is not believeable to me that she would follow Rick as her leader. He's far to wishy-washy for me. I would have left that group to go off on my own a long time ago, on in the least, I'd be like Daryl and reap all the benefits of being a part of the group without getting involved much else.

This. I think Daryl plays it all right. Even HE listens to Rick though.

Andrea doesn't really follow Rick. She stays with the group and follows Shane like a lost puppy lol.

I wish this show personally had just been about Daryl and his brother...but alas, that isn't what we got.

Andrea needs to be next on the zombie hit list.

Her character just overdoes the whole empowered woman thing to the point were it's aggravating. Yes we understand that you have a basic understanding of guns, but that doesn't qualify you to be the tactical leader of the group. Also, the last time you said "I got this." you almost killed Daryl.

I could understand "lets talk about this like men, we were after all friends before all this happened" but his reaction was so milquetoast that I understood why he was having problems with Lori to begin with. Nothing says I love you like not caring you screw other dudes.

at least she didn't get pounded by zombies. the apocalypse makes it tough for a lady to take care of her poonaner like it needs be...

I dont know how some of yall like Andrea, she is so annoying. I was hoping they would leave her to die in the CDC but that didnt happen.

Rick is alright, cool sometimes but also a loser at others (if I knew my best friend had sex with my wife, even if she thought I was dead, I would beat him to the ground). Also, as someone said earlier, Rick needs to pistol whip Carl and rip that damn hat off his head.

Lori sucks as always, she is a huge whore. Favorite character has to be Daryl. The crossbow is pretty badass. Season finale should be good.

I dont know how some of yall like Andrea, she is so annoying. I was hoping they would leave her to die in the CDC but that didnt happen.

Rick is alright, cool sometimes but also a loser at others (if I knew my best friend had sex with my wife, even if she thought I was dead, I would beat him to the ground). Also, as someone said earlier, Rick needs to pistol whip Carl and rip that damn hat off his head.

Lori sucks as always, she is a huge whore. Favorite character has to be Daryl. The crossbow is pretty badass. Season finale should be good.

This post sums up the entire show.

By the way, remember when the African American woman at the CDC decided to let herself get kersploded? I'm going to call her ole whatshername, because no one seemed to care.

spearko520 said:
wasnt that tbone's lady?

Nah, just the only other minority.

Read this on a review but found it kind of funny:

"T-Bone?? Really?? You don't think a zombie apocalypse is the kind of situation where someone might take the opportunity say 'Ya know..why don't you just call me Terrance'".

I think they stuck with T-Dog because of the comic.... could be wrong though.

Reno_eNVy said:
I think they stuck with T-Dog because of the comic.... could be wrong though.

His character isn't in the comics. I messed up too, his name is Theodore.

Theodore definitely sounds like someone I'd want to have my back in the zombie apocalypse...

Like it or love it, this show has the ability to really get some discussion going.

My friends and I watched the last two episodes on Tuesday night, and between the 2 we had an hour conversation about the Dale/Shane opposing arguments about survival versus humanity. It was a fantastic discussion, and the type of thing that so few shows can really spark.

I too am looking forward to the return of Game of Thrones!

rifraf said:
If season 2 is half as awesome....also, is your user name a Wheel of Time reference?

Good catch! One of my favorite series. I wanted a character name from that, but not one that many people would have thought to already grab. Plus, Rhuarc is a badass!

Rhuarc said:
Good catch! One of my favorite series. I wanted a character name from that, but not one that many people would have thought to already grab. Plus, Rhuarc is a badass!

It IS my favorite series haha....hope it ends well.

I do some LARP and my character name is Perrin...Wheel of Time is an amazing series.

I liked game of thrones but they killed the two best characters and it really pissed me off. lol

I do some LARP and my character name is Perrin...Wheel of Time is an amazing series.

I liked game of thrones but they killed the two best characters and it really pissed me off. lol

Game of Thrones spoiler!

From the book, who else besides Eddard got the ax?

I am extremely looking forward to the second season. The war of the five kings really heats up in a Clash of Kings. It should fill the void left by Walking Dead.

Somewhat off topic, but has anyone started or stopped reading a series because of things they found out about the author? I find it almost impossible to seperate the person from the story, so reading biographies or watching interviews is almost always a bad idea for me.

For instance, GRRM seems like such a decent fellow that I feel almost obligated to purchase more of his incredible books.

Raymond Feist turned out to be a real turd of a guy, and I regret enjoying the 22 books or what have you of his I have read.

CreamyGoodness said:
Somewhat off topic, but has anyone started or stopped reading a series because of things they found out about the author? I find it almost impossible to seperate the person from the story, so reading biographies or watching interviews is almost always a bad idea for me.

For instance, GRRM seems like such a decent fellow that I feel almost obligated to purchase more of his incredible books.

Raymond Feist turned out to be a real turd of a guy, and I regret enjoying the 22 books or what have you of his I have read.

I kind of do that. I can't stand Chuck Panlanhuik (granted he did have a very messed up childhood) but I really don't like any of his books and movies by extension, yes that means Fight Club.

To bring this full circle, One thing I really like about The Walking Dead and A Song of Ice and Fire are that the author's are not afraid to kill off main characters. They realize that in real life the good guy doesn't always last, that war is messy, and that people we like and love die.

This is something that Robert Jordan never really approached too much. Pretty much all of the main characters and most of the side characters stay alive throughout the story. The bad guys get killed off fairly steadily, but he doesn't punch you in the gut when your favorite character is gone like the other two do.

Not that either way is right or wrong, just a different approach, and sometimes I like to know that no one is in an invulnerable circle in the story.

why can't they all fit in one car? - i mean it's a little gay to get a boner with a dude on your lap- but really?
also = why are all the doors on all the abandoned cars shut? would you really shut the door??

Finally Rick grew some nuts, guess I'll have to read the comics to see who the caped crusader is.

Latest posts

Back