The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else get the feeling that Carl is heading down the path of serial killer status? Watching him tease the z that was stuck in the mud, and then wanting to see his dad kill the outsider.

I did not read the graphic novels, so have no idea what is coming in the future (and like it that way). But I think with the way last night ended, and Carl finally getting freaked out and ran to his mom, that will be what shakes him from being a complete psycho. Otherwise, yeah, it looks like he is headed down the same path of Shane from the Weeds series.

Oh man. Good episode. So many things to say but don't want to discuss the ways the show has diverged from the comics. Maybe we should start a thread for people who have read the comics so we can talk spoilers.

haha that's a good idea...but at this point the show has moved so far from the comics, I don't think it's an issue. I've read some of the comics and still don't know what's going to happen on an episode to episode basis.

Wow, wtf t-bone is back? And I bet earls daughter got scratched by her zombie mom and is going to turn. That's y she had the fever

As long as it doesn't devolve into LOST, I don't care how far it veers from the comics. Just stay good and make sense and not be farging STOOPID.

Wow, wtf t-bone is back? And I bet earls daughter got scratched by her zombie mom and is going to turn. That's y she had the fever

By Earl, I assume you mean Hershel. His daughter has already recovered from that so I think you might be a few episodes behind.

Oh man, I am bummed that Dale is dead. I am also getting tired of the bad acting and fake southern accents....makes it hard to watch.
Oh, and Carl needs to be pistol whipped.

Man, I didn't expect Dale to go so soon. As whiny and nosy as he could be at times, he was one of the few voices of reason. Why couldn't it have been Andrea instead?

+1 on Carl becoming a sociopath. He was a little turd this episode. I realize the adults have plenty of their own to do, but how many times does he have to wander off before they start keeping a closer watch on him?

Man, I didn't expect Dale to go so soon. As whiny and nosy as he could be at times, he was one of the few voices of reason. Why couldn't it have been Andrea instead?

+1 on Carl becoming a sociopath. He was a little turd this episode. I realize the adults have plenty of their own to do, but how many times does he have to wander off before they start keeping a closer watch on him?

Isn't Andrea the blonde - aka the only hot girl on the show? Can't kill her. Need her for the sex appeal. (OK - a few points to hershel's daughter dating Glenn)

Wow, my disagreement on that one is both respectful and complete. Andrea doesnt do a thing for me, while Carol has sort of an early Jamie Lee Curtis milfy thing going on.

With Dale gone pretty much the only two men on the show (counting Carl) worth more than the bullet to put him down are Daryl and Glenn. The rest of them are liabilities. This show is getting dangerously close to what happened with Weeds when I realized that I didnt care if any or all of the characters died.

CreamyGoodness said:
Wow, my disagreement on that one is both respectful and complete. Andrea doesnt do a thing for me, while Carol has sort of an early Jamie Lee Curtis milfy thing going on.

With Dale gone pretty much the only two men on the show (counting Carl) worth more than the bullet to put him down are Daryl and Glenn. The rest of them are liabilities. This show is getting dangerously close to what happened with Weeds when I realized that I didnt care if any or all of the characters died.

I was waiting for someone to say that Andrea didn't do anything for them but Carol?! Maggie and Lori..come on now.

Not sure who I want to die but I know that i liked comic book Rick more

I never got into Weeds, but your last sentence there pretty much sums up my feelings for most of this season. It's getting to the point where I dislike far more characters than I like. Darryl, Glenn, and Rick (when he isn't trying to appease everyone) are about the only people left that I can still stand, now that Dale's gone. Regardless of looks, I find pretty much all of the women annoying for one reason or another right now. I haven't read the comics, but why can't they find a female character that contributes to the group without being mopey (Carol), a loose cannon (Andrea), or a drama queen (Lori)? Hotness would be a bonus at that point. ;)

So out of the 4-5 main male characters...There are only 3 you guys like and that's a problem? lol

I think some people really expect too much out of this show.

Also, Maggy is hot AND causes no drama so that's enough for me. I don't need the show just tossing in multiple hot women for no real reason.

Yup, she just said she wants to watch the rest of the season. I'll probably keg some beers instead. ps, we just watched last weeks stupid episode, that's why I'm posting.

I am giving the show to the end of the season, and if the next two episodes don't blow my mind then I am pretty much done.

How hipster ironic that they could shoot Dale and not the punk kid. Seriously, this is a stupid soap opera with more dirt and a little blood.

Yeah, it is unfortunate that it has turned very soap opera like. It is too bad too because zombie scenes are actually pretty cool.

I actually was intrigued by the possibility that the biggest threat was other humans. It doesn't have to be zombies for me. But alas, it seems the biggest threat is actually the writers.

But alas, it seems the biggest threat is actually the writers.

Or the bad acting and the low budget.

Every time one of those guys say "Main" thinking that is how people from the south say "man." It makes me want to turn it off.

I am giving the show to the end of the season, and if the next two episodes don't blow my mind then I am pretty much done.

Well you know what's going to happen, because it always happens, they're going to slam dunk us on the last episode, and we're gonna bend over like the good little zombie lovers that we are. We're going to flood the internets with raving about how great the show has become, and how much we're looking forward to next season...

And come next season they're going to doink us in the tookus again.

So out of the 4-5 main male characters...There are only 3 you guys like and that's a problem? lol

I think some people really expect too much out of this show.

Also, Maggy is hot AND causes no drama so that's enough for me. I don't need the show just tossing in multiple hot women for no real reason.

No, that was 3 out of ALL the characters. I thought Maggie was kind of a pain at first when all the "does she or doesn't she like Glenn" drama was going on, but I guess she's tolerable now.

I'm with Revvy that the last two episodes will probably be awesome. Here's hoping the writers can keep that momentum going through next season this time...

I have a feeling the bone they're going to throw our way for the last episode with be what those of you who have read the graphic novel, or like I did, read the comic wiki, know what happens between Carl and Shane. That will be enough of a wow factor to hold a lot of folks over til next year.

Revvy said:
I have a feeling the bone they're going to throw our way for the last episode with be what those of you who have read the graphic novel, or like I did, read the comic wiki, know what happens between Carl and Shane. That will be enough of a wow factor to hold a lot of folks over til next year.

They're certainly building towards it, I just hope AMC has the stones to allow it. I could picture them setting it up and having Rick or Laurie or somebody intervene with the same outcome.

Well the situation for Carl/Shane has already passed...They could come back and do it some other way but I just don't know now. I'm glad they deviate away from the comic line...It keeps me guessing even though I assume I know what's going on.

I doubt AMC will have a problem letting that go down...They did shoot a little girl in the face recently lol

Looks like I was right about them returning to the book, but I figured that would be the cliff hanger for the season finale. I wonder what they'll do instead. But it was a good episode, and next week's will be great, and we'll believe until we get screwed in the first episode of next season.

That was awesome! Shane's ass is finally dead. They sucked me back, can't wait till next week.

Looks like I was right about them returning to the book, but I figured that would be the cliff hanger for the season finale. I wonder what they'll do instead. But it was a good episode, and next week's will be great, and we'll believe until we get screwed in the first episode of next season.

I agree Revvy. I am back on board. I was happy with the skull splitting opening, along with a great ending. I also appreciated the additional story line of Shane getting back up. I haven't read any of the comic books, so I was like wtf.

Season finale is going to be what we were all looking for. Lots of zombie killing.

Back