Belgian Strong Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty good. Nice simple recipe.

3522 is nice yeast. The 1214 recommended is also very nice with more yeast flavor than the 3522. Both are good choices.

I brew a lot of Belgians and there is really no need to transfer to secondary. I usually leave mine in the primary for 5-6 weeks.

I also have done a few that were 9% ABV and they carbed up just fine without adding extra yeast. Just make sure to not drink them all up young and save some for aging. They always improve with some age on them.

Thanks. This is my recipie... I am stedtale. I won't transfer. Do you think I could mix yeasts?

I only mixed yeasts once. I did a Tripel and used 1214 and 3787. It turned out great. You could taste both yeast but the 3787 was a little more prominent.

If I did it again Iwould pitch the 1214 first because it starts slower and then pitch the 3787 maybe 8 hours later.

Back