What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brett tastic!

thomas 029.jpg

The head on this is like a root beer float.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Getting weird quote issues on android so this is the only post I could latch onto. That Boulevard was tucked away on a back shelf amongst a few others here. They had a case of em way back when it released but I'm guessing the owner just let some more out on the shelves recently

Not working - slept in, worked out and now going over the recipe/notes for Gabe's turbid mash as I brew my first lambeec beer (just letting it warm up outside a little bit more first.)

Huzzah! Did I tell you about the the two back up methods for removing the first runnings? If you've got a cone shaper colander / china cap or chinois, you can press that down into the mash and use autosiphon to pump. I don't, so last time I ended up scopping the warm grain into BIAB bag and squeezing the first runnings out.

Did you get aged hops or are you using something else?

Have some very nice Ethipian coffee here.

Huzzah! Did I tell you about the the two back up methods for removing the first runnings? If you've got a cone shaper colander / china cap or chinois, you can press that down into the mash and use autosiphon to pump. I don't, so last time I ended up scopping the warm grain into BIAB bag and squeezing the first runnings out.

Did you get aged hops or are you using something else?

Have some very nice Ethipian coffee here.

You did mention that - I have a sturdy colander that ought to squeeze it enough to extract the runnings (I hope!) I have some Fuggles that are about 18 months old that I've let oxidize the last week so they should do the trick.

So good. Coffee, chocolate, biscuit, toasty, alcohol. Only reason I got it was because I was already getting one for a trade. Definitely a good decision. :)

20140120_011200 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

You have easy access to that?

Coffee and I am working today. Treasury and some other department is off because the banks are closed but everyone else is on.

Not working, drinking coffee and water. Kinda wish I was, already been on the phone with the CFO this morning. Worst, apparently we are going to the outlet mall for shoes for the kids. Sigh.

Not working, drinking coffee and water. Kinda wish I was, already been on the phone with the CFO this morning. Worst, apparently we are going to the outlet mall for shoes for the kids. Sigh.

Well, I always try and get a buzz on before or at the mall. Makes it more interesting. Sorry :(

You have easy access to that?

Coffee and I am working today. Treasury and some other department is off because the banks are closed but everyone else is on.

Only one shop around me has it and I don't know how regularly they get it. Time will tell. I know there's other shops that are further from me that have it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

Not working - slept in, worked out and now going over the recipe/notes for Gabe's turbid mash as I brew my first lambeec beer (just letting it warm up outside a little bit more first.)

If you haven't used that BugFarm before, I think you'll love it. Hope the long brewday goes well :mug:

...having some jasmine green tea

I just made a run to Giant Eagle for some greens & such to add to my ham bone soup,& found bombers of Fat Tire & Ranger IPA for $2.99. got some Fat Tire for later. I like how the label looks like something out of Fallout3.

Coke.
I e-mailed my boss and he asked why I was working today. Evidently the company is closed today. Well there was 3 hours of work that I just handed them for nothing. :eek:

Way better than not showing up and finding out they are working! Still sucks though... I unfortunately am working, but at least I work from home and it is slow. I'm currently drinking a metric assload of coffee and shopping online for AR-15 parts

Jameson after getting back from the vet, for a dog I didn't want when the ex brought her home and receptively tried to give away l'm pretty tore up. Worse part of having a dog.

I'm sorry ChefRex somehow they get under our skin and stay there. The worst part of my ex leaving (many moons ago) was that he took our dog. I loved the dog!

Jameson after getting back from the vet, for a dog I didn't want when the ex brought her home and receptively tried to give away l'm pretty tore up. Worse part of having a dog.

Sorry to hear that - and you're right, it is rough.

More water here as I'm finally nearing sparge time on my turbid mash. I've never worked grains so hard in my life!

That sucks, man. All the best.

I love dogs. It's tough.

Enjoying my first bomber of this,now that New Belgium is finally here!
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0006_zps21249607.jpg.html] [/URL]
Rather cheerful bit of toffee/caramely amber malt flavors. quite the pleasant change from roasty or hoppy. I've got to play around with this one. It's the same color as my latest PA/IPA malt profile. but the flavors are more like what I had in mind. gotta see if my best of BYO has this one in it. Gunna try their Ranger IPA next! It says "Cruising into Ohio 2013" at the top. Only just arrived last month,I'd surmise. Very pleasant ale,I dare say.

Back