YEAST: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morkin

Reaction score
Just received the book last night in the mail, ordered it before GABF. Anyone else have this thing yet?

It's quite possibly the best homebrewing book I've seen; ranging from intermediate homebrewer to craft microbrewer. This thing is great! I suggest everyone picking it up if you can.

I spent a few hours reading it last night. Awesome. Great writing and editing; way hire quality then some of the other brewing publications books I've read. It's technical enough to stimulate my inner microbiology geek, but also quite readable. Maybe a touch heavy on the yeast ranching content, but I'm sure this will appeal to a lot of folks.

Got mine last night as well and definitely will be very useful. I actually ordered a 2nd one from the Brewing Network - they are selling signed copies if anyone is interested in that.

A copy was just gifted to me. As this is posted in the beginner's forum, I wanted to point out that this is NOT a beginner's book.

From page 2 of the intro, "From the beginning , we decided this would not be a yeast biology book. It is not a book on the basics of brewing, either. You should already know how to brew, and if you do not, get yourself a copy of How to Brew by John Palmer and come back to this later."

That said, this book should probably be on a beginner's short list! I'm looking through this, and it's full of great information. Some of it confirms what I've spent the last few years learning, and some of it is still over my head.

I have had the book for a couple of weeks...

I learned quite a bit from it :) I feel it is a great addition to anyone's brewing library.

Latest posts

Back