30 qt aluminum pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunkyhops

Reaction score
Just wondering if i can use a 30 qt. aluminum pot to boil my wort in... I ask because in a couple of homebrew books i have read they dont mention using an aluminum pot and im curious why not? All the books mention is stainless steel ans a couple other options aluminum not being one of them. Thanks for the help!

Yea aluminium pots work, Ive got a 16qt pot that Ive been using for partial boils, I just actually got a 30qt aluminium pot yesterday and Im going to use it for full boils.

Im really sorry about the post... Right after i posted it i found another thread covering the same topic.... Sorry for wasting yalls time but thanks for the input

Not to try to sway you, but I got a cheap 30qt. SS Presto at Kitchen Collections. I was wary when I bought it, but it has performed pretty well for the modest price of $45 shipped. It can sometimes scorch a bit if you don't keep stirring when initially put on burner, but I might actually buy another because of the value. If only I could get it in a 12 or 14G size.

as long as the walls of the pot are thick enough, and the handles are nice and solid, it'll make a fine brew pot. that'd be true of aluminum or stainless steel.

Back