GreatBrewEh Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRemy

Reaction score
Has anyone bought or used a pump from GreatBreweh? I was thinking about whirlpool chilling and this looks like a great option, and a way to save some money. Or would I be better off saving and getting a march pump? Check out the link below to view the pump.

http://greatbreweh.com/Beer_Pump.html

Thanks

I say STAY AWAY FROM THESE PUMPS! I recently got one of the stainless steel versions, and the input fitting was an NTP fitting, and the output was a BSP fitting...I think. In any case I could only thread my stainless steel quick disconnects onto one side, and only half way.

They were not helpful at all by email. They kept telling me to try a BSP fitting even though their site said they took NTP/BSP fittings whatever that means.

Do yourself a favor and buy a March pump.

Yeah after reading a few threads I decided it would be best to go with a chugger. Thanks for the input!

Npt and bsp are different. I can't beleive they are claiming either will work.

I bought one of these pumps but haven't tried it yet. These guys need to learn how to talk to customers. I managed to get one guy on the phone and he told me "we keep telling people that they need to..." and I thought to myself, WOW, these guys are not going to be in business anytime soon if that's the way they talk to customers.

Npt and bsp are different. I can't beleive they are claiming either will work.

For 1/2" threads 55° vs 60° thread angle is the only difference. I have had no issues going from NPT to BSP in 1/2"

Back