Favorite Cult Film?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which channel? I want it.

I barely notice what channel I'm watching on cable nowadays thanks to DVRs and on-screen guides. I do know that I don't have IFC, because I keep seeing stuff listed on there that I try to watch, only to get the blue "you don't have this channel" screen. So...maybe something like showtime?

Reefer Madness --- Night of the Living Dead --- A Clockwork Orange --- From Dusk till Dawn...

I totally forgot this in my original post but... Mars Attacks, so many big names, such a wonderfully terrible movie.

My favourite has to be "Manos": The Hands of Fate. Watching Manos "unriffed" should be a rite of passage for anyone who claims to be a B-movie buff. If you can sit through that, you can handle anything.

Except maybe Red Riding Hood. That was the drizzling ****s.

Wow. My wife won't let me play it for our kids. Says it's too "RACIST" or something :eyeroll:

That was one of our favorite movies as a family when we were kids growing up. My dad was/is a huge fan of the fart and fart humor, I especially remember the whole family doing over the top laughter on the campfire farting scene.

Watched it a few years back for the first time since I was a kid and yeah... a bit (as in very much so) racist.

Meeting is adjourned. Oh, I'm sorry sir. You say that.
What?
Meeting is adjourned.
It is?
No you say that.
What?

Know what I noticed about Blazing Saddles is, when I watched it on TV as a kid the farting scene and Lilly von Schtupp's name were censored, but rhe N word was not. Now when it's on TV, it's the opposite.

I would say that if anything blazin saddles is more out to make fun of racism and prejudice. I do not believe it is PC by today's standards. It is a classic and I laugh harder each time I watch it.

What is your favorite "cult" film?

For me ... probably Dr. Strangelove

Back in the 80's really liked The Warriors too, haven't seen it in years tho.

Night of the Living Dead / sequels (and almost any decent zombie movie)
Tremors / sequels
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Regards, GF.

Wife goes for strange science fiction:
The Stuff
Eight Legged Freaks
Killer Klowns From Outer Space

My choices:
After Hours
Castle Keep

I like black humor.

Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask

The Toxic Avenger. If you haven't seen this, you have to check it out.

Cromacster said:
Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask

The Toxic Avenger. If you haven't seen this, you have to check it out.

+1 to both of these!
"We're taking it down to the orphanage. Lots of hungry babies."

ChuckO said:
Killer Klowns From Outer Space

I'm amazed that people have actually seen this. Best bad movie since Teenagers from Outer Space (also covered on MST3K)

Cannibal the musical.

YES, YES, a million times YES!

Our group of friends watched that awful movie dozens of times in high school. It has been 10 years+ since I have seen it so I don't remember all of the finer points, but I do remember enjoying the heck out of it.

I saw it referenced, but no one said it was their favorite.

TROLL 2 is the worst movie ever. It has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. I dare you to play any of the YouTube clips.

It is so bad that it laps around "so bad, it's good", to being bad, and then to being good again.

There's a documentary made about the movie that is just as disturbing. Several of the cast members are insane, literally.

A GREAT movie (documentary) about a whacked dude (and his brain-damaged friend) making a terrible movie: American Movie.

I can't recommend it often, but I think if you've posted to this thread then you'd enjoy it as much as I have. Mark Borchardt rocks in my book. One of my favorite movies of all time.

I watched The Pink Panther Strikes Again a while back. That movie is always a good laugh for me.

"Does your dog bite?"

Back