What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wtf? Boulevard and now this?

Ack. Must have bothered you so much you woke up early on your day off.

Beer snobbery of the worst kind: http://thefullpint.com/dans-blog/review-of-fort-myers-florida-craft-beer-scene/

Poorly written, edited, and not a positive about two of their experiences. I've never been to these places or had their beer, but they need to take some lessons from Michael Jackson. I'll be commenting on their little article shortly and unsubscribing from their newsletter.

Edit: My comment is awaiting approval. Doubt it will make it. Oh well, the unsubscribe button just worked fine.

I felt the same when they bought boulevard. Douvel did state that they wanted to buy five established craft breweries in the US covering all regions. They have boulevard, ommegang and now firestone walker so they are pretty close, if not there, already.

Yeah, I see them going after a brewery in the PNW or southeast (FL most likely) next. So far, their acquisitions have been far more positive than negative. They have vastly improved QC (particularly with Boulevard) and obviously distribution. If they continue to leave the brewers to be independent and allow creativity then I'd say this is a workable model for "larger" brewing conglomerates.

Yeah, I see them going after a brewery in the PNW or southeast (FL most likely) next. So far, their acquisitions have been far more positive than negative. They have vastly improved QC (particularly with Boulevard) and obviously distribution. If they continue to leave the brewers to be independent and allow creativity then I'd say this is a workable model for "larger" brewing conglomerates.

I agree. I was worried too many things would change with boulevard but they just seemed to have expanded distro and their lineup. Hopefully it stays that way and doesn't take a turn for the worst.

Beer snobbery of the worst kind: http://thefullpint.com/dans-blog/review-of-fort-myers-florida-craft-beer-scene/

Poorly written, edited, and not a positive about two of their experiences. I've never been to these places or had their beer, but they need to take some lessons from Michael Jackson. I'll be commenting on their little article shortly and unsubscribing from their newsletter.

What an EAC.

More coffee. Slightly colder. Still trying to be quiet so the phones dont wake up.

Edit: My comment is awaiting approval. Doubt it will make it. Oh well, the unsubscribe button just worked fine.

Its my "day off" but still have to ve up early to get the trailer to help my brother move to tulsa. 7-8hr drive is in my near future

+1.
If they keep that up in the long term with multiple established breweries it should be fine. The only concern from an owners stand point would be the legacy. What happens in 20 years when they want to roll over the brews and change the name on the label to something else? Its a family run organization, Duval, but this is a completely hypothetical question I'm sure they ask themselves.

Holy crap it is early. Went to sleep to early, now I am paying the price. Oh well.

Good morning everyone.

Meh... early. I get up at 0500 3 days a week, 0415 2 days a week, and then my body gets me up by 0600 on the weekend. D*mn early shift for too many years to sleep in.

Coffee. I am going in late today, and was still up by 0600. Even though the alarm was set later. Apparently I was posting a lot last night.... apparently. :drunk:

Coffee. Need to find a container to put about 2/3 gal. worth of kombucha SCOBY in, so I can use the beverage dispenser it's in. I didn't think I needed 3 going, but I'm almost completely off drinking diet soda and my next kombucha batch won't be ready (to my taste) for a few more days. BTW, those little squirty flavors people use to flavor water bottles work well for kombucha, too. A little goes a long way!

Matcha tea with breakfast. The Germans meditated with it after they bombed Pearl Harbor, that's what makes so good.

Brewery tour last night was oosome.

Even got a job offer out of the deal... on the canning line. Lol.

Full Throttle.

EAC?
East Australian Current?

eesh, I need some adult friends. Spending WAY too much time watching Finding Nemo

And thus once again starts the search for the meaning of EAC on HBT. How long will it take you? Or how long until someone gives it away?

Come to think of it, I wonder if I can even find that thread again.

They must've seen how much experience you have handling Busch light cans.

4598855-44a1f2eb1bc7d123d7137e6a9e63619a.320x240x158.gif

And thus once again starts the search for the meaning of EAC on HBT. How long will it take you? Or how long until someone gives it away?

Expired Anal Cream?

May have moved it to the boneyard? I can't get to it.

Thread # 18679

2 more hours til I'm out and down the road. 4 wheeling in the Black Hills for 3 days. With our 2 year old... going to be interesting.

Come onnnnnn weekend.

I felt the same when they bought boulevard. Douvel did state that they wanted to buy five established craft breweries in the US covering all regions. They have boulevard, ommegang and now firestone walker so they are pretty close, if not there, already.

What's the difference between InBev buying up U.S breweries or duvel? Goose island has not changed for the worst. Is it because we perceive douvel as a better product than Budweiser? I'm sure there are plenty of Europeans that think douvel is $hit beer compared to local stuff we don't have regular access to. If this move keeps FW wooky Jack in Texas I'm all for it. We already lost bear republic being distributed here due to the droughts.
And discuss:....

Water fixing to rack a ESB to a keg. 0900 and it's already hot as balls. Flocc!

What's the difference between InBev buying up U.S breweries or duvel? Goose island has not changed for the worst. Is it because we perceive douvel as a better product than Budweiser? I'm sure there are plenty of Europeans that think douvel is $hit beer compared to local stuff we don't have regular access to. If this move keeps FW wooky Jack in Texas I'm all for it. We already lost bear republic being distributed here due to the droughts.
And discuss:....

Water fixing to rack a ESB to a keg. 0900 and it's already hot as balls. Flocc!

Duvel is a legitimate craft brewing company though, not someone who dictates how/when/where beer is distributed/sold/purchased by throwing money at politicians. Inbev cheats taxes by brewing stronger and watering beer down at canning. They also contradict themselves almost daily, making fun of craft beers while they are buying up the breweries left and right to stay relevant and keep market share. I think the biggest issue is they make schit beer. :D

Almond Milk, this stuff is not half bad. I like it because it keeps so long.

I can't drink milk, because of lactose intolerance. I had drank almond milk for a while until I tried Cashew milk. It's creamier (hate that word, but not sure how else to describe it), and at the same price, that's what I go for. Agree, shelf life is great.

Back