I hate Walmart!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decojuicer

Reaction score
I don't hate them because they are a "soulless corporation", or because they destroy small business. I hate them because the of the people that work there. I have yet to be in a Walmart where the people move faster than a turtle. I hate going in there, but I sometimes have to when I need something in a hurry(there's a joke). Today, the cashier at the front of my line was so slow that she was almost working in reverse. I thought about killing her with my bare hands. I figured that I could serve out my sentence, get out, get a job at Walmart, learn to work a cash register, and ring up my own items by the time that she actually got done ringing up the people in line.

Then, because I needed to swap out my propane tank, I had to actually find somebody that had a key. God forbid that one of the freaking morons there pick up a phone and page somebody. When I asked the greeter to find somebody for me, he looked at me like I was speaking Mandarin Chinese. Then I had to wait so long for the person with the keys to the propane cage that I thought about busting off the lock with a hammer and just leaving $5 to pay for a new lock.

Rant done.....for now.

You have Walmart Derangement Syndrom. :cross: J/K No matter how much I love WalMart Every time I head in there for something the Staff seems like there dead from the neck up. I still love The prices there.

I love WalMart, though perhaps not for the reason that you might think. Whenever I'm feeling down about myself or my lot in life, I take a stroll through WalMart and look and the legions of mulletted white trash and I walk out with a new spring in my step knowing that I'm OK after all.

But buy anything? Nah.

Wally World is ok for some things... Low prices being the top of that heap... However, their customer service is atrocious... The cashiers are truly an abomination to the consumer tallying and payment process... Who the f*ck puts a elderly woman with a clearly disabled arm in the Express checkout lane? Seriously...

And you are pretty much screwed if you find one with the self checkout lanes... I seem to end up behind the same person that tries to refinance their mortgage at the drive up ATM... If you can't figure out the scanner and have to call the self checkout lane assistant for anything other than an ID check for buying alcohol, move over to a regular line...

Rant over...

If I must go there I try and do it at 6a when its just me and the stockers. Speaking of the stockers, you think the normal hours staff are a bit strange...

Walfart needs those check yourself out aisles. I can scan, bag and pay faster than any of them.

I try to stay out of Wally-World as much as much as I can, it's kind of hard though, because where I live it's about all there is.........

We avoid going to Walmart whenever possible. Both because of the people who work there and the fact that the walmarts around here always seemed to be filled with mutants and trolls.

Around here it seems you must be accessorized with a a prison tat or wrist brace to be employed.

What I really hate about Wally-World........ 30 checkstands, 2 checkers.

I've been buying the Wal-Mart brand of bread, and it doesn't go bad!! I have it for a month and no mold, and only slightly stale. This scares the crap out of me. What did they do to make bread impervious to decay? Am I going to start growing a second head?

I stopped going to Wal-mart because of their business practices. But I certainly don't miss the employees there. And they aren't half as bad as the customers. When picking out some bananas, I was once pushed out of the way by some trailer trash old cow. Literally, physically pushed me to the side. Then she gave me a dirty look like I was the rude one for expecting her to say excuse me. And this isn't exactly an isolated incident. I can't recall a single time I EVER visited Wal-mart without some kind of sense of entitlement incident from another shopper. Besides, I've found that if I can plan ahead and shop carefully, I can find better sales than that place.

Dude. I'm lucky to have a gas station nearby that also fills propane tanks. No tank exchange for me - my tanks are mine and I take care of them. Once I asked my wife to get my tank filled while she was running errands and she came back with a rusty, crappy looking Blue Rhino tank WTF!!!! I held back and possibly saved my marriage.

I've been buying the Wal-Mart brand of bread, and it doesn't go bad!! I have it for a month and no mold, and only slightly stale. This scares the crap out of me. What did they do to make bread impervious to decay? Am I going to start growing a second head?

I wonder if they use starsan in their bread!:mug:

I'm taking night classes and the instructor told us to pick up a cheap scientific calculator at the Walmart down the road for $10. Sounds like a great deal so a group of about 5 of us went there after class. All I can say is 10pm is not the time to try and buy anything at Walmart. You think it's bad that they have 30 lanes and only 2 are open? I kid you not there were 15 people waiting to check out and not a single lane was open. The one kid at a register couldn't check out anyone b/c his register was out of change/small bills and all the other employees were on a shift change meeting with the managers. We went back to customer service to find a manager, and they said "yeah, we know about it," and went back to the staff meeting. Classic

Terje

The Wal-mart auto center place stripped my oil plug one time. I should have suspected something when it took longer than normal. Next time I went to change the oil myself I found that they'd siliconed in the old plug, they wouldn't admit they'd done it, even though I had the receipt etc. everything documented.

Do not take your car there, you will get burned and pay more to fix it/have it fixed than you will ever save there.

They have secretly placed patented Wally Troll hormones in this brand, next thing you'll know, you'll be filling in for a clerk job, and finally be one of THEM... muahaahaaaa!!

The Wal-mart auto center place stripped my oil plug one time. I should have suspected something when it took longer than normal. Next time I went to change the oil myself I found that they'd siliconed in the old plug, they wouldn't admit they'd done it, even though I had the receipt etc. everything documented.

Do not take your car there, you will get burned and pay more to fix it/have it fixed than you will ever save there.

They cross threaded my oil plug and broke the dip stick holder...

****ERS!!!!!

I can only speak for the walmarts in virginia beach, but F walmart. Walmart is whats wrong with America. When I think Walmart I think 5 year olds with kool-aid stained mouths wearing diapers screaming and crying for some stupid toy on Dec. 23rd and the parent actually buying it. Usually the mom because she is not quite sure who the daddy is. F Walmart. I am a Target man now.

Walmart is the devil, Wall-e shows it all. they will ruin the earth & make us all fat, mindless idiots.

My local wal-mart has a lady who is so fat she has to sit down at her register. If your A** can swallow a stool whole...you really should be standing up at the very least.

And, apparently, those electric carts... they make you fat!

I can only speak for the walmarts in virginia beach, but F walmart. Walmart is whats wrong with America. When I think Walmart I think 5 year olds with kool-aid stained mouths wearing diapers screaming and crying for some stupid toy on Dec. 23rd and the parent actually buying it. Usually the mom because she is not quite sure who the daddy is. F Walmart. I am a Target man now.

Word.

I used to be a Wal-Mart guy. I was in college once. I was short on money once. Saving even $0.50 on something was worth it to me. Not anymore. I have not shopped at a Wal-Mart in years and never will again. Besides the people being the type of people I never want to see again, I also happen to believe that Wal-Mart's business practices actually hurt our national economy.

So yeah, F Wal-Mart.

Actually, when I lived in Port Angeles the Wallyworld there wasn't anything like the others I went to. Just your average store customers. Nothing like the others I've been to.

I just found out that they want to build a Walmart store in the city where I work. I have mixed feelings about it, even though I hate Walmart.

On one hand, it will bring badly needed tax money into the city. Then maybe the city will be able to hire a couple of officers that we need badly.

On the other hand, it will over saturate the area area with retail stores. There is a Target, Meijer, and Kmart all in a 1.5 mile radius. Plus a huge shopping mall a half mile north of there. Traffic already sucks beyond belief, and this would just make it worse. Also, the city is hill-billy enough, we don't need MORE white trash coming there. Not to mention the the residents of "The D" that surely come up to shop lift there. We will need about 6 more officers just to deal with that one store.

And please don't let it be a 24 hour store!!

My brother in law is a grocery manager at a Walmart super-center. Used to manage the garden department. Worked his way up from stock boy. According to him, Walmart's benefits are better than what he could get at any other employer in town.

My wife used to work with paroled youth, trying to help them get jobs. She also worked as a vocational rehabilitation counselor, helping people with major disabilities get jobs. She says that Walmart was really good about hiring disabled folks and generally paid a starting wage of a few bucks over minimum wage for basic jobs. There's a very real chance that the greeter that OP is complaining about had a traumatic brain injury or was retarded to some degree. Walmart hires people that Goodwill won't even touch (and Goodwill is supposedly in the business of hiring the less-employable).

I'm also a knife-guy and I've heard Sal Glesser, owner of Spyderco Knives, tell about when he negotiated his contract to sell Spydercos in Walmart, Walmart insisted that they be manufactured only in the US. So the idea that they only sell Chinese junk isn't exactly true.

So in reality Walmart pays a better starting wage than most small businesses, they have better benefits, they hire disabled people that can't get normal jobs, and they use their negotiating leverage to push manufacturers to keep jobs in the US.

Since everything I hear from real-life people that work for or with Walmart seems to go against the popular portrait of them as an evil employer/evil business, I just assume that 90% of that stuff is union-generated propoganda to try to get Walmart to allow unions.

My brother in law is a grocery manager at a Walmart super-center. Used to manage the garden department. Worked his way up from stock boy. According to him, Walmart's benefits are better than what he could get at any other employer in town.

My wife used to work with paroled youth, trying to help them get jobs. She also worked as a vocational rehabilitation counselor, helping people with major disabilities get jobs. She says that Walmart was really good about hiring disabled folks and generally paid a starting wage of a few bucks over minimum wage for basic jobs. There's a very real chance that the greeter that OP is complaining about had a traumatic brain injury or was retarded to some degree. Walmart hires people that Goodwill won't even touch (and Goodwill is supposedly in the business of hiring the less-employable).

I'm also a knife-guy and I've heard Sal Glesser, owner of Spyderco Knives, tell about when he negotiated his contract to sell Spydercos in Walmart, Walmart insisted that they be manufactured only in the US. So the idea that they only sell Chinese junk isn't exactly true.

So in reality Walmart pays a better starting wage than most small businesses, they have better benefits, they hire disabled people that can't get normal jobs, and they use their negotiating leverage to push manufacturers to keep jobs in the US.

Since everything I hear from real-life people that work for or with Walmart seems to go against the popular portrait of them as an evil employer/evil business, I just assume that 90% of that stuff is union-generated propoganda to try to get Walmart to allow unions.

There is plenty of written documentation to the contrary.

I'm a WalMart lover.

Ours is brand new.
Aisles a mile wide.
High energy checkers.
Hot MILF's walking around everywhere.
Their deli meat is 30% cheaper (Boar's Head brand) than the local grocery chain.
They have a Japanese guy behind the deli counter making fresh sushi every day.

...and...

They sell Sierra Nevada, Bass Ale, Guinness and a whole host of other quality beers.

There is plenty of written documentation to the contrary.

It's a super center . . . which means it has a full grocery store within the store - meat, deli, produce, etc. So he's basically managing a supermarket. Next step up is either managing a full Walmart or entering the executive training program - either one starts with a 6 figure salary. I'd say he's doing pretty good for a 35 year old guy with no degree.

I like H.E.B. better. Think its only in Texas though.

HEB is great. I was in Phoenix once on a busiess trip and met a fellow Texas relocated to the phoenix area. He asked hey, you know what I miss most about Texas and I told him yea, HEB. He burst out laughing & said, how did you know? People were like what is HEB when we told them it was a grocery store they thought we were nuts.

I dont care for HEB because they alway remove brands that compete for their brand. Every item they sell is priced at the premium brand level. Don't get me wrong I shop there for certain things, but I want variety, why should I buy their brand for the price of a well know premium brand. What make their product superior. In the old days that was considered generic, now its premium.:mad:

Back