What kind of fridge to get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeqmaster

Reaction score
I'm sure there has been a simialar thread before but I could not find anything so here it goes; I am wondering what some compatible mini-fridges for coverting into a kegerator. I am looking at making a dual-faucet tower kegerator so would like to fit two kegs in the fridge. I know the Sanyo models are popular and I may have found one that will work. What models of sanyo fridges are compatible? If it has a freezer compartment is it an automatic no-go? Will the smaller 3.6 cu. ft. models work at all? What similar fridges should I look for? Thanks.

yeqmaster said:
I'm sure there has been a simialar thread before but I could not find anything so here it goes; I am wondering what some compatible mini-fridges for coverting into a kegerator. I am looking at making a dual-faucet tower kegerator so would like to fit two kegs in the fridge. I know the Sanyo models are popular and I may have found one that will work. What models of sanyo fridges are compatible? If it has a freezer compartment is it an automatic no-go? Will the smaller 3.6 cu. ft. models work at all? What similar fridges should I look for? Thanks.

The Sanyo 4910/11/12 series is just barely big enough to house two cornies and a 5lb tank, so I wouldn't go any smaller than that.

If two taps are enough for you, I'd just go with the proven and well documented Sanyo 4912. It's the path of least resistance, and inexpensive as well. Best Buy just had them for $169, and they pop up on Craig's List all the time for a lot less. (My 4911 was $50, like new, and the kid even delivered it for me!) If you want more taps, I'd suggest a chest freezer.

yeqmaster said:
Thanks. Does anyone know if the Sanyo SR-4433S model will work?

If it has a freezer compartment, I'd stay away from it.

You'd have to bend it down out of the way so that you could put in a tower. You run the risk of crimping or breaking off the freon line.

Game over.

Then all you have left is an interesting place to store your CDs.

The 4912 is sold at Best Buy for <$180 right now.

Latest posts

Back