My favorite country songs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup,it's amazing how many here half my age or so still like country's older original stuff to boot. I grew up with all those old school country musicians.

I just want to apologize for falling off the face of the earth here. there was a short time in my life, not long ago, where i felt a purpose in carrying on each day. Nowadays i'm lucky to take a silent breath without being ridiculed and questioned 10x's over by a woman. its about as common as any problem sung about in any average country song, but life has been hard on this country boy lately. I'm eyeing a 40acre plot out near where i was raised and hoping to avoid any legal troubles in the process of a major split with the ol' lady. I have no songs to post right now, but i hope to be back soon with some solid gold country and western music. You gentlemen keep the ball rolling, (downhill like a snowball headed for hell)...
:mug:

Hey Garage Dweller missed you. Have I ever told you your handle is very similar to my life! I live in my garage, sort of. Out there is my stuff to build things, get away from everybody. Just putter around.

I'm sorry to hear about the struggles at home but completely understand and can relate to them. Forty acres sounds to me like a huge spread. (I live in an uban area).

Best of luck with all the going ons. We look forward to more of your postings when you're up to it.

Cheers!

Dan

We all need a Man cave to hide from the ol lady. Hopefully with security and a big dog that doesnt like her.....
Wish you the best in a turbulent time.

Frige said:
I really dont like "country music" as defined by nashville. as a Texan I have been exposed to a lot of local musicians. This is one of my favs.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjWV2lqlqQ&feature=related
I love Pat Green but some of you may not think of him as country
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sosBFCfiL0&feature=related
I think Ray really sums it up...LOL
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cFtSPIF4Q&feature=related

Three Texas namesakes for sure. Pat is all country as is REK. Ray Wylie Hubbard is straight outlaw and a total badass. You need to check out Hayes Carll, Jason Boland and Ryan Bingham.

Yup,it's amazing how many here half my age or so still like country's older original stuff to boot. I grew up with all those old school country musicians.

Well there. I suggest that us young'ns not only appreciate old time outlaws like Merle, but we have some that are not that pop shit music on the radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well old timer you got my goat, there's plenty still left, it just isn't on the radio.

I see Georg Jones here, Marty Robbins, Waylon and some of the the others that have to be on the list, but no list of great country would be complete without Chris Ledoux!

I don't know how to embed the video, but here's a link to a great song.

What do you know? That did make an embedded video!

Then there is my favorite George Jones song

Got to have one Marty on my post

You pretty much have to include one by George Strait... King George

One from Travis Tritt. The man is one heck of an entertainer live.

I could go on but I'll stop!

This thread has been quiet for the last few months. Heard of this gal on another thread from BottleBomber. She's very good.

Here's one I forgot about. I still remember....When daddy let ME drive!

And to think it all started with grampaw,who was a "runner" who drove like Fangio. God bless both of them for those memories.:tank:

I'm back folks. Been around posting, but didn't have any inspiration for my country music. She's gone, moved out a month ago and this ginormous house is all thats left. one man in a 5 bedroom house, gotta be a country song to go with that...

might have already posted it, but thats alright.

To me, this song is about searching for something that doesn't exist in a big city. Its a Twitty song, but take it for what you will, I like Waylon a lot better.

Not sure what to say about this one. Its kind of new and I hate new country, but I can identify with these lyrics. This dudes style is at least a little edgy, but what the hell.....

:rockin::mad::cross:

Idk if I posted this before,but a newer member has the chorus of this song from Bill Currington in his sig. I'm posting this as a thank you for reminding me of a rather quickly made friend from my younger years in Ford's CEP#1.
He played the spoons at The Grand Ol' Oprey when I was a lil feller. And he had the pics to prove it...old B&W photos from vertichrome pan film. He was a great old guy that was heart broken at lost youth &...I guess...his Grand ol Oprey days being behind him.So to our fellow member & my dear departed friendTHANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!!

I have not posted on this thread in a whlile.. I am a fool for not doing that

Pretty great tunes have been posted recently.

If you know one thing about me you know I love music but am stuck in the past..

I"m a John Wayne die hard fan if that means anything... also really like Clint Eastwood movies..

That's beside the point.. I like Johnny Cash!

Going to post one of his greatest hits. It's a few years before he passed on.

Rest in peace Johnny Cash

Love you brother, thank you for the music you shared

Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, John Wayne and Willie Nelson. All on the same plane. Great men. They all believed in something.. That something is freedom.

Folks,

One night I was listening to some country music I knew, decided to post those tunes and start this thread. That was well over a year ago. Little did I know this thread would keep playing along.

Humbly, I'd like to thank you all for posting music here. I, for one would never of known some of these tunes if not for hearing them here.

Just caught back up today on recent posts. I'm almost certain some true and possibly very humble musicians have posted here. Least that's what I feel.

For at least another post I'd like to keep on the Grandpa Jones course. To be honest, I had forgot about him since when I once was young.

:mug:

Dan this thread has exposed me to a lot of good music that I may never have found otherwise, so thanks to you for starting it.

[ame]http://youtu.be/icMTVV5Lwaw[/ame]

I seem to have magically forgotten how to embed videos :(

Back