Hello from Reading, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyoder

Reaction score
Hello all.
I finally signed up for an account today after finding answers to my many questions when I first started brewing several months ago. Hopefully I can add what little knowledge I've gained through my first eight attempts and continue to find answers to questions I have from this incredibly knowledgeable community.

Currently I've got a pliny the elder clone being dry-hopped in the secondary and an XPA in the bottle that should be ready for drinking this weekend. As you can probably tell I'm a hophead through and through. This weekend I plan to try my hand at a big imperial stout.

Cheers!

Welcome! I've been to Reading, PA a couple times! Once was a 7th grade class trip to the NHRA Summer Nationals.

Todd - I didn't know the NHRA had nationals close by. Although, I am originally from Kutztown PA so that could be part of the problem. I do know they have the Pagoda Hill climb every year though.

roggae - Great Phish song. Thanks for the offer of assistance, I might actually hit you up soon.

Cheers!

Roggae - I actually know a few people from the Harrisburg area. A few friends of mine I met from Penn State had a band called Alchemy. Most of them were from Harrisburg.

gyoder said:
Todd - I didn't know the NHRA had nationals close by. Although, I am originally from Kutztown PA so that could be part of the problem. I do know they have the Pagoda Hill climb every year though.

roggae - Great Phish song. Thanks for the offer of assistance, I might actually hit you up soon.

Cheers!
It used to be called the Keystone Nationals but lately it's the Toyo Tires Nationals, and they run at Maple Grove Raceway, which isn't exactly in Reading, but close enough, I guess. Anyway; Welcome! I'm just down the road from Reading, in Reamstown :mug:

Ev

Maple grove, now that rings a bell. Reamstown is just a little south on 222 right?
Thanks for the welcome.

gyoder said:

Cheers!

I don't know if they still go to Reading, that was a while ago, I'm 28 now.

todd_k said:
I don't know if they still go to Reading, that was a while ago, I'm 28 now.
Yeah, they still race there. The national race is held in Sep. each year. I usually attend. I gotta get my yearly dose of nitro!:)

gyoder said:
Roggae - I actually know a few people from the Harrisburg area. A few friends of mine I met from Penn State had a band called Alchemy. Most of them were from Harrisburg.

well we should get hooked up! come on in to town! brew a beer!:mug:

Back