brewery work bench

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootay

Reaction score
i need to build a work bench in the room i keep all my brewing stuff. I am awful at designing things, but know a few things i want it to have. Does anyone have plans drawn out for a work bench? Several components i know i want are:

- racking station
- a recessed area where i can put my mill so that it doesnt move and can fill a bucket below
- a fermentation chamber

Anything else i should include? anyone have a similar setup they would like to share?

Not legitimate plans, but thoughts for sure. Part of which are a lift out pannel in the counter top. Then I'd build a new base for my mill so it can sit at counter level, and I can put a bucket under the counter to collect the crushed grain.

I would prefer to mill grains in a separate area from the brewing/bottling. I'm too afraid of airborne lactobacillus from the milling settling on buckets and bottles.

i have built a pair of these for my tools in the basement. The sizes i made to fit the area,but i they're sturdy as hell. For my own, i didn't use the long diagnol support in the back, but i did screw the thing into the studs of the wall behind it w/ some 3 1/2 in screws.

workbench_plan.gif

another basically same design:

workbenchbig.gif

I would prefer to mill grains in a separate area from the brewing/bottling. I'm too afraid of airborne lactobacillus from the milling settling on buckets and bottles.

I follow this strategy, also. Mill the grain outside in good weather or the garage in bad.

WHEN I build mine (when I have a place for it), I am going to use stainless wire racks...like in restaurants or kitchen gadget/LHBS stores. Meantime I use one wire rack for storage and then set up my brew equipment when I brew using a couple concrete blocks, some 2x8, empty buckets....takes about 15 minutes to set up burner, mash tun and boil kettle in a tiered arrangement.

I hope to put it all in this soon...only a bit smaller than this...8X10.
CabinMED.jpg

I'm not much of a diy"er so I just bought a couple craftsman benches when they went on sale (in my profile pics). I'm sure one could be modified for a fermentation chamber. We built this grain station that is light enough to carry outside. There's no way I would crush grains in the house

IMG_1543.jpg

Here is what I constructed this past weekend. The g/f was tired of having bottles, carboys, and all my brewing paraphernalia scattered around the house. Got unstained cabinets from Lowe's and stained them a color we liked. Got an 8ft countertop. Then I framed out the upper backing and used pegboard. Stained 8ft. pine for the shelves. I now have plenty of room for all my beer construction.

IMG_0392.jpg

Back