Forgot the grain bag; other options?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got my first PM all planned out for Thursday morning. Went to LHBS tonight to pick up the necessary ingredients. One of them was a large grain bag. They were in a bit of a hurry to close -- no biggie, I was cutting it close -- and forgot to grab a grain bag to use with DeathBrewer's easy PM strategy.

What are my quick, grocery-store style options? I think cheesecloth would work but with 4 pounds of grains I might want something else.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'll see if I can pry those away from my wife (or pick some up at the grocery store when I go tomorrow night. Do you recommend nude?) for the pantyhose, I mean.

Paint straining bag from Home Depot or Lowes...

They work great.

If you get pantyhose, the dyes can bleed out. I'm not sure what effect this may have other than making you beer darker, but I don't want to drink pantyhose dye.

They work great.
If you get pantyhose, the dyes can bleed out. I'm not sure what effect this may have other than making you beer darker, but I don't want to drink pantyhose dye.

The dye I'm not worried about, but the strands always get stuck in my teeth.

For the OP, there are stainless steel mess strainers, etc that you can find in a Target/Walmart but hose / paint strainers are the cheapest and easiest answer.

Back