Not sure how to approach this one...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
I want to make liver sausages at home. This, I know, is a lot of work, and I would like to have a partner in this endeavor.

I do fear that texting "hey, wanna come over and make liver sausages" will come off as me coming on to my buddy.

Advice please.

How about this: Bro, cum over and help me grind my meat into a sausage.

If that's not your style, how about:
Duude! I'll feed you beer if you help me with my sausage.

Or if you're boring and like keeping your brofriends:
I'm making liver sausage this weekend, but this meat is so big, it needs 4 hands instead of 2. Wanna help out?

Or:
Can your wife help me with my sausage this weekend?

Just ask your neighbor to bring over a few of his friends to have a sausage fest

I went the direct route, just straight up asked. The friend I chose is a chef and a gay man, so I thought it was a safe bet.

He still asked if I was coming on to him.

He's coming over tomorrow.

Sausage is good. The end result is worth any embarrassment along the way. So, good job once again :)

Just make sure that after you make it you don't say " Right we gotta hide this sausage. SWMBO went apesh*t when I tried to preserve my bone in a jar. This has to stay between us, OK?"

Otherwise I can't see any issue.

Anyone have a favorite liver sausage recipe to share? My friend's specialty is pastry, and it looks like our own Subsailor isn't around at the moment...

Anyone have a favorite liver sausage recipe to share? My friend's specialty is pastry, and it looks like our own Subsailor isn't around at the moment...

Ingredients

2 pounds (about 60) mini hot dogs
Cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces, optional
Caramelized Onions, optional
1 large egg
All-purpose flour, for work surface
1 box (17 1/2 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
Poppy, sesame, or mustard seeds, optional
Mustard, for serving
Ketchup, for serving

Directions

Cut hot dogs lengthwise 3/4 of the way through. Insert a piece of cheese or 1/2 teaspoon caramelized onions into each hot dog, if using; set aside. If not using cheese or onions, poke hot dogs several times with the tip of a knife.
On a lightly floured work surface, working with one sheet of puff pastry at a time, roll into a 14-by-11-inch rectangle. Cut lengthwise into seven 1 1/2-inch wide strips. Cut each strip crosswise into 4 rectangles, each about 3 1/2 inches long.
In a small bowl, beat together egg and 1 tablespoon water; set aside. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat; set aside. Place a hot dog on the narrow end of one piece of pastry. Roll to enclose, brushing with some of the beaten egg to adhere; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining hot dogs and pastry. Brush the tops of puff pastry with egg and sprinkle with seeds, if using. Transfer to refrigerator and let chill for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool briefly before serving with mustard and ketchup.

Back