Water report doesn't tell me anything?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiffcow

Reaction score
So I'm planning to do the Green Flash clone from Can You Brew It, and I decided to take a look at my water profile to see if I need to add any gypsum.. So I look at my water quality report, and it tells me nothing! Am I just blind? Here is the water report in question. Any suggestions?

That is a water quality report, containing information defined by statute, and is not what you need. There may be a different document online called something like "water analysis" that has what you need. If not, there are people who know what you need to know and anecdotes suggest that it can be anywhere from very easy to impossible to get it from them.

First step is to call up the water department. Make sure you know what you need (I assume Ca, Mg, K, SO4, Cl, CO3 and alkalinity) and make sure you get the units the measurements are in.

If that fails, send a sample to Ward Labs.

Alternately, just buy RO and work from there.

Back