Steel or Aluminum?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbonchef

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been done to death but can I use a aluminum pot or does it have to be steel when boiling the brew.
Thanks in advance:mug:

There's gonna be a showdown...

And it's RAAAINNNIN, all over the WORRRRLD!

Like Rhoo says, this is one of the topics around here where people get militant. Some say "either way", others are 110% sure that if you use aluminum, you will get Alzheimer's by the time you're 40. And thus, the arguing ensues.

iStock_can%20of%20worms.jpg

Geez, EVERYONE knows that keeping your worms in a tin can will cause off flavors...

Thanks everyone ? Let me make sure I'm right don't keep worms in cans and stop beating the dead horse. Also I will die if I use and aluminum pot. Got it
Thanks

Use ceramic... Worms don't like it so much.

The best answer is, without being rude, search the forums. This topic has been discussed over and over and you'll find essentially the same answer in all of them.

I use aluminum because it was cheaper. The only way I'll know for sure if aluminum is better than SS is the make a double batch, one in the SS and one in the aluminum and compare... Maybe SS makes better beer...

But aluminum makes good beer too! And it's cheaper. :D

Back