Dumped my first beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primevci

Reaction score
I liek trying new things and i found out i dont like belgian triples what so ever i spend 7 bucks on a bomber and dumped it after trying to down it over 1.50 hrs.. yuck it was Called asylum... to me it tasted like slightly carbonated wine

I had a similar experience when my wife picked up a bomber of Arrogant Bastard, its just not my thing. :)

I also dumped a bottle of Arrogant Bastard and I don't dump beer. I even choked down the 3 Mothership Wit's that came in a NB sampler pack. Considered dumping those too though.

the mothership wits aren't bad (in my mouth though! hehe)
one i dumped was HUBS cascadian dark... just didn't taste right (first CDA i've ever had). ended up getting sick (not because of the beer) the next day... and then everything tasted off. had another to give it the benefit of the doubt, and it was wonderful.

Wow im surprised to see people dumped arrogant bastards, and a Belgian Tripel, mm delicious. What kind of beers do you guys normally consume?

Wow im surprised to see people dumped arrogant bastards, and a Belgian Tripel, mm delicious. What kind of beers do you guys normally consume?

dumped it the first time and then after I developed a taste for hops I was actually able to enjoy it.

I like AB but man the belgian yuck, i drink stouts, porters, IPA, APA, Brown,Amber Ales, Lagers, and the list goes on...

I like picking up single beers because I don't feel bad about dumping one.
and if I enjoy it, I'll go back and get a sixer or two.

like:
Hmmm, haven't tried one of these.... Eeewwwww, nasty! (Genessee Cream Ale)

I drink APAs, IPAs, IIPAs mostly. Have a hard time with the chocolate malts. Don't like beer that tastes like a hersheys bar with vodka. Didn't finish the bastard because it gave me instant heartburn. Have a black IPA in primary though, so I'm trying to broaden my horizons.

this makes me sad. :(

Yeah, me too. Oaked Arrogant Bastard is one of my favs, and the original got me into craft beer. Keep developing your pallet; you will catch up eventually. :)

I dumped a DFH Midas Touch tonight. I tried really really hard but holly crap, it was terrible.
Ouch. Another great beer. :(

Arrogant Bastard is soo good! It tastes really really sweet to me for some reason, but it is still damn good!

Arrogant Bastard? yep, it's awesome

I dumped some of a Sam Adams limited release. It was from some homebrew competition winners. Sam brewed presumably small batches of two beers, one of which was outstanding... passion fruit I think? I know i know, most think fruit doesn't belong in beer, but when it's really subtle, it's good... Anyways, the other was some horrible abomination of blueberries and was just awful. Painful to have to buy a second sixer for the wife and immediately dump the three craptastic ones.

Latest posts

Back