Cyser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhackedBear

Reaction score
I made a Cyser about a week ago and today I went to step feed it. Before I feed it, I took a sample and a reading. It looks like it did not ferment at all. The apple juice I bought said it was just apple juice. Did they lie to me and put sulfates in it? Bad yeast (Wyeast sweet mead)? Give it more time?

I made a Cyser about a week ago and today I went to step feed it. Before I feed it, I took a sample and a reading. It looks like it did not ferment at all. The apple juice I bought said it was just apple juice. Did they lie to me and put sulfates in it? Bad yeast (Wyeast sweet mead)? Give it more time?

Sulfites are fine- the things to look out for are sorbate and benzoate. Do you still have the package, so you can check for that?

What was/is the OG?

I think some people might have had problems with that yeast before, do you have any other yeast you can use or have you used this yeast before and had good luck with it? WVMJ

It was the yeast. It sat around for a couple of months. I picked up some D47 from the brew store. It started to go in about 5 hours. The OG was 1.125.

Back