looking for some guidance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backyardsniper

Reaction score
I have been threatening to start making my own beer for a long time. I have finally decided to do it. I would like to get some general info from some of you all as to what i really need i see all these kits for sale but i don't know what is necessary and what is not.

I am a bit of a tinkerer anyway. I make my own bullets and all that sort of thing, and i really like beer so this is sort of a natural progression i guess. I bought a mr beer kit but i can tell this is not the way to go. If i'm going to do it i want to do it from scratch so the beer is actually mine i just don't know exactly what equipment i really need. I have a turkey cooker the propane burner and such but as far as pots fermenters and the like plus the process i am absolutely lost any help from you fine gentlemen would be greatly appreciated.

justin.

Start by visiting http://www.howtobrew.com/ and reading that book in its entirety. Search around this site, there's a wealth of knowledge here. The search feature is very good, and there are very few topics that haven't been visited at least once.

Specifically though, if your turkey kettle is at least 6.5 gallons, you're well on your way. Fermentors are as cheap or expensive as you want them to be, and the DIY projects are limitless.

Welcome to the obsession!

Latest posts

Back