First Christmas Brew Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyrotter

Reaction score
This is my first time putting labels on a beer. I am giving these out as Christmas presents, and hopefully I will do this annually!

However, I would like to know if I were to use a regular computer printer to print on the label paper, if the ink will run when it gets wet/condensates? How do you guys/gals get down on labels?

Here is the label, give me some feed back! Thanks! (the brown is a supposed bottle, not actually part of the label.)

ebenezerlabel.jpg

Just print it on regular paper using a laser printer. If you use an Ink Jet, it will run when it gets wet. Then I just apply the labels with a little bit of milk. I know it sounds weird, but it works really well.

Cool label by the way! What program did you use to create that??

I use photoshop, which is probably not the best if you are looking for super detailed print, it works for me though.

Thanks for catching that mistake, I fixed it. And thanks for the feedback.

I like it, if I may make a suggestion thogh, I would maybe add filter to the pic of scrooge. I find that the cartoonify filter in gimp does a good job of making the pic flow a bit better, (it has that cut and paste look to it righ now). It might warm it up a bit. Just a thought, I do like the label.

Back