One More - Magnetic-Stir-Plate on Ebay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look pretty good. I think I'll take a chance on it. I'll post my impressions here. Looks like the guy has good feedback on previous units.

Chad

Nice!! I am on the fence about it. I sent him an email through ebay and he wrote back right away.

I asked about using a 3000ml starter.

"I use it for 2000ml all the time. I've tested it in a 1G jug and it spun the bar with no problem, but I didn't make an actual starter so it was only minutes not hours. So I can't say it's proven. I sold one to a brewer to use with a 5L flask and I have not heard back from him. As far as weight goes, I can stand on the case and I weigh 195."

I went ahead and bought one. I like the design, but I'm a little skeptical about the case. It looks like one of the Tupperware containers I put in my kids lunch boxes :D. If he says he can stand on it, it can't be one of those. It'll be interesting to see what it actually is. I'm also interested in seeing if it will work with the 1/2gal. glass milk jugs I use for starters. They have pretty thick bottoms. If that doesn't work I'll just go with a 2000ml flask.

I'll keep you posted.

Take care,
Chad

Let me know how it works... I was thinking about one of those cigar box ones. They look kinda crummy, but I can always add a few coats of poly.

I'd worry about using electrical gear built by someone who can't spell the components they're working with. heheheh

Back