priming sugar question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
OK if this is a stupid question, just tell me NO and move on. My fragile ego couldn't take a 'WHAT A DUMB QUESTION TO ASK" right at this moment lol....Anyway a while back I posted about an over primed beer that I had. It tasted normal but even with a ridiculously easy pour it would be all foam...well I have another one that is the same way. The ONLY thing that is consistent with the 2 beers ( other than a 2 row base malt) is the STYLE OF BOTTLES they are in... so here is the questiondoeas bottling in say a 22 OZ bottle differ than bottling in a 12 oz bottle?

I didn't notice any difference between 500ml and 1L bottles with my brews. With my last batch, I bottled in 500ml (swing top) and 375ml (capped) bottles... Well, I bottled what didn't fit into the keg that is. :rockin: I'll know in a few weeks what differences there are between all three containment devices. Well, once I get my F'ing fridge up into my place, that is... But that's another story...

How long after bottling are you waiting before pouring? I've seen where the co2 had been made but not fully absorbed into the beer and it foamed like crazy. Just waiting a week or two was the solution then.

Also, and I'm pulling this out of my ass, is it soft water?

How long after bottling are you waiting before pouring? I've seen where the co2 had been made but not fully absorbed into the beer and it foamed like crazy. Just waiting a week or two was the solution then.

Also, and I'm pulling this out of my ass, is it soft water?
these two beers have been bottled for MONTHS. VERY hard water actually. Once the initial foam over and all is done, they are quite nice beers but it is absolutely frustrating to see half a beer go to foam.

Back