What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For you Canadian folks.. Although doesn't taste anything like an ipa

ForumRunner_20130323_170226.png

^^^I like the song from Bill Currington your sig line comes from. I had an episode in my life like that with an old timer I worked with that played the spoons at the Grand Ol Opry in the old days.

Hop Wallop, but I must say that I am a little disappointed in this beer. I was expecting more hop flavor and aroma off of this brew considering it's bitterness, etc. Not saying it's "bad", just a little disappointing.

Not an old bottle either.

Hop Wallop, but I must say that I am a little disappointed in this beer. I was expecting more hop flavor and aroma off of this brew considering it's bitterness, etc. Not saying it's "bad", just a little disappointing.

I had my first hop wallop earlier and I really enjoyed it even with the yeast chunk i got. It did seem to have a belgian character to it though which i though was different but good.

harrydrez said:

That was my take on it. Not bad, just a very generic and muddled C-hop flavor and aroma. I do not feel that it lives up to its name nor its BA rating.

image-2397333665.jpg

Lemon Rye

Believe it or not, it's a "light" session beer. Yum, could use a little more body. After I finish these two kegs, I'll do something about that on the next batch.

LoloMT7 said:
Man Allen your drinking that Jai Alai like it's going out of style! We know it's your favorite but save some for the rest of us would ya... ah nevermind drink another for me it's good $hit :mug: :tank:

It's seriously good stuff. On beer advocate, the bros put it above heady topper and just below Pliny (pte-100/4.88, ccja-100/4.5, ht-96/4.15). Here it's only $9 a 6 pack (12oz). If you had a solid 100 score beer available at your grocery store for $9, I hope you would drink the hell out of it too! It's obvious I'm a bit of a fan of Cigar City, the sad part is they make some of the best stouts in America and I would have to drive 200 miles round trip to get them. (I'm doing just that soon, I will send you a pm when I do!)

At local pub in PA having Troegs Dream Weaver. Outstanding. Before that I had Sam Adams Alpine Spring, not my favorite but tasty.

My home brewed rosemary black pepper saison. I pitched a little Brett when I bottled it, and in anticipation of it attenuating a little I only used 2/3 of the normal priming sugar. I'm glad I did, because 2 months down the road this is highly carbonated. FG was 1.004, so hopefully it won't be a problem. There was a small pellicle on the top of the beer in the bottle.

image-3480399290.jpg

g-love said:
Sounds good. Would you share a recipe?

I will as soon as I get it dialed in. Like I said, it has NO body. The flavor is all there, but it's like drinking carbonated ice tea.

Out to dinner with SWMBO, great draft selection!!! From left to right
Victory Hop Devil, Stoudts Four Play IPA, Boulder A Honey of a Saison, and Kono KoKo Brown Ale!!! Cheers Oh yea and that's her cosmo sneaking into the pic lol

image-2059198323.jpg

Shipyard double Scottish ale, aged in bourbon barrels. Not bad shipyard! I would hey it again if it want so much.

ForumRunner_20130323_195616.png

Having homemade mac n cheese and beer chicken.. well it's not my favorite beer and it was free what can i do :D

Edit: For the record i did take a drink out of the can first

ForumRunner_20130323_175634.png

ForumRunner_20130323_175651.jpg

Back