freezer conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slc10

Reaction score
i have been looking at small freezers to cold crash and lager in. i have a digital controller that i can turn it on and off with but...... all of the manuals for the freezers that i have been looking at say that if the power is lost or turned off to wait 3 to minutes before turning it back on or the unit will not start. any thoughts out there on this?

check your controller, virtually all of them have a feature called anti-short cycle delay. This is the time it will wait between turning off and turning back on again.

thanks Scimmia. that's what i get for asking a question before i read all of the instructions. i had not opened the package for my controller so i opened it just now and got the instructions out. it has an "Anti-Short Cycle Delay" that lets me set the recycle time from 0 to 12 minutes. thanks for the help. now i can go freezer shopping.

I wouldn't worry about it to much. In the first place the temp controller isn't going to go from an off state to an on state that fast. It'll take a while to go from the high setting where it cuts on to the low setting.

In the second place I seriously doubt the power company in Braselton waits 3 minutes to turn you power back on after a black out or brown out They want that meter spinning ASAP. Most appliances have to be able to power outage that last only a few seconds or they would be out of business.

thanks abracadabra. nice to see another Georgia guy here. im still fairly new at this but enjoying the hell out it. are there any useful events around the Atlanta area that i might enjoy and maybe pick up some pointers?

Back