Another DFW Amateur

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drux_tx

Reaction score
Howdy from Fort Worth!

Kind of bass-ackwards-ing this since I've already been posting to the recipes, but I figured I might as well start another "Yay! Fort Worth/Cowtown" thread.

I tried brewing when I lived in Chicago about a decade ago, but having egg-water and a nasty 1BR apartment had me stopping after 3 kit batches. Now that I'm older, have a functional kitchen and some spare space, I'm moving from kits to extract (and hopefully eventually all-grain). I'm very interested in growing hops next year (so any locals who're already doing it and can recommend a strain, please pipe up -- so far I've heard Cascades), and also taking advantage of any sales on ingredients that I can find (I'm miffed I missed the 99-cent hops sale in Austin yesterday -- I guess I need to check the boards here every day).

I dig bitters, pale ales (but not IPAs so much), porters, stouts, bavarian/european lagers... had a belgium ale yesterday to remind myself why i never buy 'em. :)

Drinking a nut brown ale (Munton's kit -- the last kit I did, need the bottles again.)

Cheers and good to be here!

Back