Brewing with Nugget

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicadrick

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have a supply of Nugget. I haven't brewed with them before. Some say it can be used as a dual purpose hop, others as a bittering addition only. Curious those of you HBT'ers have to say. How does Nugget work as a late addition hop? I typically brew IPAs and APAs. I would possibly pair this with some of the Simcoe I have as well.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Nugget is my house bittering hops,, cost effective
may be a 30min add also
then finish off with a cascade simcoe citra or something in the fruity range

hows the rainy coast????

Bright and sunny at the moment. Had an excellent sunny weekend to harvest, dry and package hops. (Nuggets, perle, cascade, centennial, and goldings).

The nuggets had a great aroma to them with piney notes. I'll throw a recipe together and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the info.

Nugget is a great hop... I have had great results using it throughout the whole process... even as a dry hop.

Nugget is my favorite hop variety because it grows so abundantly in my backyard.

Here's a recipe for a hoppy strong scotch ale that I've got going in the fermenter right now. I can't be sure about the alpha acids in the hops but I'd guess they're on the low side, so you may want to adjust if you're using pellets.

Amber Nugget

I'll have to give that recipe a try when I harvest my 1st year nugget. I've got everything, right down to the need to do a partial mash.

I love it. It's not particularly citrusy IMO, but I love the flavor and aroma it adds.

Back