fridge control question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monk420

Reaction score
got a fridge today and i'm going to order a temp control to use to cool my fermenter. It is a fridge/ frezer on top. Does the temp control also control the frezer, does it keep both at the same temp or do i have to disconnect the frezer sum how , just wondering thanks Oh and i was wondering , what do i do with the contolls inside that came with the fridge? Leave them alone or shut them off

If you put the thermometer in the refrigerated section, it will keep that section at the specified temperature. Do not expect that the freezer section will keep things frozen, but it will likely be a bit cooler than the refrigerator section. I set the internal thermostats to the coldest settings so that the compressor will always turn on when the temperature set point is reached.

Yup, what he said.

A fridge typically has one system to run both. Don't expect the freezer to freeze.

You might be able to cut a hole between the top and bottom section, drop a tote in there (held up by its lip in the freezer section. Fill it with water, and it can sorta serve as a thermal reservoir) Just thinking out loud.

(the fridge I bought for my house does have two separate compressors and systems. I was sick of my old one not freezing much, I went nuts)

Back