Green Bay Pubs/Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klyon49

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm in Green Bay for work for the foreseeable future, home every other weekend. I'm here with a couple other guys and we're looking for something fun to do on our day off in town every other weekend. This Saturday we're going to visit the Hinterland brewery here in town, and we're pretty familiar with Titletown (LOVE the Hopasaurus!). I know the Leinenkugel brewery is in WI but that's an entire day right there just driving. I was thinking about going down to Milwaukee, but I'm not really sure what's worth seeing and what isn't. Anyway, just looking to get some local flavor, beer related or otherwise.

Thanks!
-Kate

Hinterland is a-freakin-mazing. SWMBO's birthday was last week and we went to the Milwaukee Hinterland for dinner. You won't be disappointed.

Like Moller said, it's beer week herein Milwuakee. If you're in town next Friday the 29th, there's the Taste of Great Brewers event at the Harley-Davidson museum. I went to this event last year and it was great - lots of craft breweries giving samples, more often than not the person at the table is the brewer and is happy to chat about the brew, the crowd is beer nerds rather than frat boys, and, best of all, everyone ignored the heck out of the Budweiser table, which was the only BMC at the event. And the Duvel/Maredsous lady gave me a Duvel tulip. Anyway, that's definitely worth the drive. Cheers!

There is a place in Ashwaubenon called Ridgeview liquor. They and Woodmans on the northside are the two best places to get craft beer.

The local homebrew club is called the Green Bay Rackers. They meet at Titletown.

If you are heading to Milwaukee, take a detour to the Milwaukee Public Museum and catch the Mummies of the World exhibit before it leaves town. It is definitely worth going.

if you decide to come to Milwaukee. best beer bars are Sugar Maple, Palm Tavern, and Romans. All are in Bayview, just south of downtown. (where I live now)

I'm from GB, heading there for the weekend. the cock and bull has like 200 beers from around the world, its worth checking out http://www.cockandbullpub.com/

title town and hinterland are awesome.
Legends also makes beer, but I have not been impressed with anything they make.

Yes! Sugar Maple and Palm!
Sugar Maple has 60 taps of nothing but great American craft beer and awesome bartenders. Palm (owned by the same guy) is smaller, quieter, and with fewer beers on tap but an incredible selection nonetheless. And awesome bartenders. Two of my favorite bars ever.

Thanks for the tips! "Unfortunately", I'm leaving next Friday to go home for the weekend, but it looks like there will be some things going on down in Milwaukee the weekend of the 7th/8th, so I'll be sure to drag some of the guys down there for some beer nerdery!

Oh, and I have to mention that, halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay is Kohler. There is the extraordinarily luxurious American Club there.

Inside the American Club is a casual pub-type restaurant called the Horse and Plow and that place has an incredible beer selection, including carefully aged barleywines and RIS's. I was there in October and had a 6-year-old North Coast Old Stock Ale and a beautiful Marzen beer that was actually from a brewery in Marzen. Highly recommend a visit to Kohler and a visit to the Horse and Plow.

Back