New to this brew crew..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandan

Reaction score
Hey All,

I drive a tug boat, pick a banjo, drink beer and ride a bike. Like over a hundred miles a week.

Here's how I got here. I was searching the internet for an answer to this question- Is it cool to clean your bottles in the dishwasher?

I'm obviously new to home brewing and can use all the help and advice anyone cares to offer.

Hope to get to know some of you as I embark on my home brewing adventure.

M

Welcome! Sounds like you're living the dream! Spending your days on the water and your time on land on two wheels....sounds good to me. I found this site the same way almost two years ago, and have found a treasure trove of information. Great people, great advice, and a good crew of people all around. Cheers!

Hey! Welcome! I've found a ton of info here too, great place to learn.

To answer your question, I use the dishwasher to sanitize the bottles a day before I bottle. I don't add any soap, and I don't use the spot remover stuff, just plain water. I wash 'em by hand after drinking a few brews, then store them until I bottle another batch.

I've since graduated to kegs. Much less work washing, sanitizing, and filling kegs than bottles.

I like your fermentation chamber. Looks like you're a pretty good carpenter too!

Welcome! Sounds like you're living the dream! Spending your days on the water and your time on land on two wheels....sounds good to me. I found this site the same way almost two years ago, and have found a treasure trove of information. Great people, great advice, and a good crew of people all around. Cheers!

I like your fermentation chamber. Looks like you're a pretty good carpenter too!

Oh man, I wish. The only thing I'm good at is building things with TOO much lumber. I'm going to have to leave that ferm chamber to my son, because it will definitely outlast me. :D The last bookshelf I built was almost too heavy to move. Yeah, I guess 2x4's and 3/4" ply is a little much? But anyway, thanks for the compliment. :mug:

Latest posts

Back