• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gearmotors - 12 rpm, 113 in-lb torque. $25 or best offer(s).

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXCrash

Gunshy
Reaction score
Updated price - $25 each including shipping in flat rate box, two for $40 shipped

These do look rough but should clean up nicely and seem to work well. Prior to shipping, I'll run the motor unloaded for 2 hours. I might be able to figure out a way to run the motors loaded... If the motor has increased in noise (they're quiet) or seems unreasonably warm, it'll go to the scrapyard. Dayton shaded pole gear-motor. Should be ideal for a mash tun mixer.

Do note that the sheaves on some of the motors are broken - please make a note if you'll need it. I think the shaft is 5/8 keyed.

My scale only reads to 12 lb, people scales are depressing. That said, I think these are roughly 16 lb. Will ship from 97322.

I think that $25 plus actual shipping sounds fair. I am, however, open to offers. If my asking price is unreasonable, tell me so in a PM and I may adjust the asking price.

If you need better pictures, ask. I took these quickly with a camera phone but do have access to a better camera.

I'm in Portland, Eugene and visit much of the Oregon coast pretty frequently. We can probably arrange a meetup if you're within these areas for free or cheap delivery.

4891062331_5a7c1cbff0.jpg

4891063185_ff9a2460b8.jpg

4891064245_30d546daba.jpg

4891063849_e2f337fb88.jpg

4891062757_5b621c50b0.jpg

Clockwise if looking at the pulley. Video attached to eliminate confusion.

Do note that the exhaust fan is on the rear of the motor. I'm currently doing a 3 hour test of the motors (maybe overnight) and moved the motors so the fans could do their job immediately after taking the video.

Video at link
http://flic.kr/p/8tiTq9
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14638751@N08/4903532636/

1 shipped for $35, 2 shipped for $60.

Ended up doing a 15 hour test. No notable increase in noise, no overheated motors. Do note that the motors are being sold without plugs.

If you're thinking about these, make an offer. I'd rather see them gone than make a few extra bucks on them. One will fit in a $10.70 flat rate priority mail box, two will fit in a $14.50 flat rate priority mail box - make a "shipped price" offer with this in mind.

Hey Curt, I'm north of Seattle. 98282

PM me your Paypal and I'll take one. Ship it as cheap as you dare. :p

It's all good!

One paid for, another spoken for. 7 still up for grabs.

Would consider some creative trades... higher rpm gearmotor, kegging equipment, temp controllers, etc. PM me and we can discuss specifics.

6 still up for grabs. Moving in 2 weeks so I'm motivated to sell. Make an offer, you might be suprised what I'll take. Shipping costs me $10.70 and I'd like your offer to be worth my time. PM me with an offer!

New price. $25 shipped, two for $40. Pick up and save $11 and $15 respectively. I have 7 left.

Still have some left... Can't drop my price too much more or it becomes not worth it to deal with these...

$20 each shipped, 2 shipped for $30. Final price drop before I take em to the scrap yard tomorrow. If I wasn't moving I'd hang onto em but I'm running out of time...

I did a little research but can't come up with a definitive answer, can these be used to make a grain mill?

Taking these to the scrap yard TODAY. I hate to do so but I'm out of time. I leave in less than a week and need to have as much outta here as possible. If you're interested and it's before 4 PST send an EMAIL to curtis97322 at gmail dot com indicating how many you want.

Those that ordered your motors are on the way. 3 went to the scrap yard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back