High Pressure Washer hose for CFC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it would work, but it's also quite expensive when you factor in the shipping. It will also be really bulky with a 1.25" OD. Most any high quality garden hose will work well, but I would probably use 3/4" ID rubber if I were doing it. You don't want to go too cheap on the hose as if it fails, it's difficult to replace. Not impossible, but it would be a major hassle. I have an old store bought one with a cheap vinyl hose and it sprang a pinhole leak after a few years of use. No big deal as I could patch it up easily, but I was surprised that it happened in the first place considering how infrequently the hose is actually used in this application. I would have thought it would last a century or two.

So here is what I came up with, my first CFC. I used 16' of 5/8 OD soft copper(had 20 but kinked the two end, hence 16). I ran it in 1" ID EPWD hose from TSC. I used 3/4 x 1/2 x 1/2 T's(need to file out the pipe stop so you can run the 5/8 through it). Sweated on a 2 in coming out of the top into 1/2 x3/4 MIP female on one side and a 1/2x3/4 mip on the other. My first time I ever sweated a joint also. I wrapped it around my 14 stock pot. I think I might have only introduced a little kink at one part, hope it is not a bad one. I used a coper pipe hanger on the sides to hold it together. Took me like 2.5 hours. I had the coil already coil, tried feeding the hose on it, no way, had to un coil the pipe and then I lubed it with soap and push it through. For safety, I run my wall snake down the hose and pulled a stainless thread through, the tied that onto a notch I cut in the pipe. Here is the result, she is a monster!

p1040120small_112.jpg

Latest posts

Back